How to Make Pork Cheeks
If you are wondering how to make pork cheeks, I have the BEST recipe for you!
Pork cheeks are tender and oh so delicious!
We did a special add on with our Butcherbox subscription of Pork Cheeks. I honestly have never had pork cheeks before this but they are delicious IF you cook them right! So I got in the kitchen and started writing a perfect keto recipe on making pork cheeks!
You know I love getting my food delivered so I can spend more time doing things I enjoy rather than going to the store; that’s why I get Butcherbox mailed to my front door!
Slow cooking pork cheeks ensures the cheeks aren’t tough and gives the fat time to render out, making them melt-in-your-mouth tender.
If you want to watch us make these delicious Pork Cheeks, subscribe to our new YouTube Channel to get updated when the video comes out which will be in a day or two, and comment below on what video recipe we should make next!
How to Make Pork Cheeks
- 12 pork cheeks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Redmond Real Salt
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups bone broth beef, pork or chicken broth (I used Kettle and Fire Brand)
- 1 handful fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F (160°C).
- Trim the cheeks of any sinew and season on all sides with salt.
- Heat a tablespoon of lard, tallow or duck fat in a large Dutch Oven over medium high heat. Once hot sear the pork cheeks on one side for 2 minutes, flip and cook another minute or until slight golden brown.
- Remove the browned cheeks while leaving the drippings. Add the onion and garlic in the Dutch oven and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Return the cheeks to the Dutch oven. Add a handful of fresh thyme, bay leaves and pepper.
- Pour in bone broth to cover the cheeks, put the lid on and slow cook in the oven for 2–3 hours, or until the cheeks are very tender and almost falling apart.
- Remove the bay leaves. Serve with sauce from the Dutch oven. Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, place the cheeks and sauce into a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 300 degrees F for 7 minutes or until heated through.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Doesn’t Carole look AMAZING??? She lost 90 pounds!
“Thank you Maria Emmerich!
I lost 90 pounds!
I am turning 63 this month and I feel better than ever!
If I can do it, anyone can!” Carole
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!