Fast Family-Friendly Keto Dinners
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
BEST way to wake up on a Monday morning!!!!!! I’m so very proud!
Phone Consult Testimony:“Hi Maria…Thought it was time to send a picture to show you my progress. I have been on my journey now for 4 years (3 years ago was our first consultation) and without your help I don’t think I would be standing in front of a mirror taking the after picture. (For a many years I did not have a full length mirror).
You have taught me a whole new way of eating and you inspire me daily…thank you Maria for sharing your knowledge with so many. I am hoping to be at my goal by spring….I hope someday I can share my numbers, but not quite there yet. Thanks again Maria for all your support!”
BUSY FAMILY TRICKS
I was at enjoying tea with girlfriends at my favorite tea shop and the topic of running kids from activity to activity came up. One mother brought up how she just started full-time work again and she allows her children to be in ONE sport but they happen to all be this time of year. So she is at work by 7am, home at 4, BUT she has to take her youngest to wrestling from 4-5, then her middle child to wrestling from 5-6, then her oldest to basketball from 6:30-8pm! EVERY WEEK NIGHT! Then tournaments all day Saturday which leaves only Sunday to prepare meals for the week, grocery shop, clean the house and try to find a little “me time” to read a book.
I told her some of my tricks which made me think about all you busy families out there and I thought you might enjoy my tricks also!
I’m always trying new recipes when writing a cookbook, but we have our main go-to meals that my kids love. Here are some recipes I picked that taste great leftover so your kids can warm up leftovers while you are running from activity to activity.
1. Protein Noodle Lasagna: This is so easy that my boys help make it! If I have an 30 minutes, I’ll make such a large batch that I get 4 pans of lasagna. I bake one and store the rest in the freezer. All I have to do if we want lasagna for dinner is put a frozen lasagna in the oven with a delay timer and schedule it to be done an hour before dinner (so the lasagna can “set-up”). You could serve with a side salad and piece of my keto Garlic bread if desired.
2. Doro-Watt: This is made in a slow cooker which makes life a little easier:). It is a special Ethiopian dish that tastes almost better leftover! If you are more of a Mexican flavor lover, switch the Berber spice for my taco seasoning. You could serve with keto Naan Bread that you store extra in the freezer for easy dinner additions.
3. Keto Bread and Buns: If I am making bread I always do a double batch to store a loaf in the freezer. I eat my protein bread while Craig prefers the psyllium bread. This way it is easy to take a bun out for a sandwich or hamburger.
4. Chili: My kids also help make this and it could be made in your slow cooker if needed. When your kids are finally home from dinner, they can scoop out a bowl of chili from the slow cooker and slather a slice of keto bread (that you made extra and stored in your freezer) with yummy butter.
6. Sloppy Joe’s: My Sloppy Joe’s are always a favorite. Kids can grab the meat from the slow cooker and place on a protein bun.
7. Slow Cooker Short Ribs: One of my favorites! Easy as pie yet they have an awesome flavor!
8. Enchilada Casserole: When I make this one I also make 4 pans and store extra in the freezer for easy dinners that I can use my delay timer and have it done when we are ready for dinner. You could serve with Cauliflower Rice: Here I am making it on TV. You would be shocked at how good it is even if you don’t like cauliflower. I often make meals in the crockpot and have the cauliflower all pulsed into “rice” in a large tupperwear in the fridge so all I have to do is fry it up and dinner is ready in 5 minutes!
9. Breakfast for Dinner: MY FAVORITE dinner! I suggest making my Protein Waffles and storing extras in the freezer. I make the batter so the boys can make their own whenever they want. I did this for Christmas morning. I made the batter and syrup a few nights before so Christmas breakfast was easy. But you could make all the batter, store the waffles in the freezer so all your kids have to do is toast them in the toaster like an “Eggo-Waffle.” I love eggs and bacon for dinner! With extra hollandaise of course!
For more tips and easy dinner ideas that you can make in
your slow cooker, check out my book:
There are lots of tips and tricks on how to make this lifestyle easy and tasty!
My favorite trick is that Craig helps clean up the kitchen while I prepare dinner for the next night. While he cleans, I fill my slow cookers (yes, I said cookerS… I often fill more than one: main dish, side dish/soup and a dessert). Then all I have to do in the morning is take the slow cooker shells out of the fridge and turn them on!
Thank you for your love and support!