Crispy Chicken Sandwich on Protein Sparing Bread
Who wants a zero carb crispy chicken sandwich???
My son saw a fast food commercial about the best crispy chicken sandwich. He said, “Mom, I bet you can make the best crispy chicken sandwich and it would actually be healthy!”
It warmed my heart so much, I jumped into the kitchen to show him how to make the most delicious keto crispy chicken sandwich on my protein sparing bread!
He said it is the best crispy chicken sandwich he ever had! Then laughed and said it was the only crispy chicken sandwich he has ever had!
I feel good feeding my family quality meals like this crispy chicken! Have you seen the ingredients list for “Chicken Breasts” in a fast food crispy chicken sandwich.
Check out the ingredients in a fast food crispy chicken breast! It has only 53% chicken! YIKES: Chicken Breast Meat (53%), Water, Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Starch, Allergen Ingredient: WHEAT Flour (contains Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Allergen Ingredient: WHEAT Semolina, Maize Flour, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Gluten, Natural Flavourings, Salt, Allergen Ingredient: MUSTARD Flour, Potassium Chloride, Raising Agents (Diphosphates, Sodium Carbonates), Sugar.
To make this delicious keto Crispy Chicken Sandwich, I used Pork King Good pork crumbs!
Pork King Good pork crumbs and seasonings are my absolute favorite pantry items!
Not only do they make a great keto breading for my crispy chicken sandwich, I also LOVE using their pork crumbs to make my zero carb pizza crust!
If you want to make your Crispy Chicken Sandwich extra delicious, I highly suggest seasoning it with Pork King Good Salt and Vinegar seasoning! It is out of this world!
Instead of marinating my chicken breasts in pickle juice, which I used to do, I save time by seasoning it with Pork King Good salt and vinegar seasoning!
Pork King Good is a kind company that is very generous! They are offering a special discount for my readers!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY for 10% off!
If you want to watch us make this delicious keto crispy chicken sandwich on protein sparing bread, subscribe to our new YouTube Channel to get updated when the video comes out which will be in a day or two, and comment below on what video recipe we should make next!
Click HERE to learn more about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup Pork King Good pork crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Pork King Good Salt and Vinegar seasoning
- 4 slices Protein Sparing Bread
- Butter, Duck Fat or Avocado oil for toasting Protein Sparing Bread
- OPTIONAL SANDWICH FIXINGS:
- Mayo or Mustard
- Cooked Bacon
- Slice of Cheese (omit if dairy free)
- Preheat air fryer (or oven) to 390 degrees F. Click HERE to find the air fryer I LOVE!
- Use a mallet or rolling pin to pound out the chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness.
- Crack the egg into a shallow baking dish and whisk to mix well. Place the Pork King Good pork crumbs and seasoning into another shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in the eggs and let any excess drip off, then dip both sides of the chicken in the Pork King Good pork crumbs.
- Set the coated chicken into the air fryer (if using an oven or toaster oven, place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper). Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Place in the air fryer or oven and cook for 10 minutes, flipping after 5; or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile prepare the sandwich fixings. Cut 2 slices of protein sparing bread. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add a tablespoon or 2 of butter or duck fat. Add the slices of bread and fry on one side until golden. Remove and set onto a serving plate.
- Smear mayo or mustard on the inside part of the bread. Place a piece of lettuce on the bread.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, place the chicken on top of the lettuce, add a slice of cheese and bacon if desired and top with the other slice of protein sparing bread.
- Best served fresh!
456 calories, 18g fat, 74g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fiber
P:E ratio 3.9
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Four years and about 50lbs difference between these photos. I used to hide behind layers of baggy clothes. I excused my poor diet by working out regularly. Guess what? You cannot outrun or out lift a crap diet.
I was overweight and riddled with pain and inflammation caused by my out of control autoimmune diseases.
Today I wear what I want with confidence, I’m off ALL pharmaceuticals, I’ve fired most of my doctors (I don’t need them anymore!) and I get so much more out of my workouts and enjoy every moment of my life!
On December 31st, 2018 I dove into Emmerich keto and haven’t looked back. From a former pizza, tacos, candy, Diet Coke & beer junkie I promise you if I can do this so can you! Maria Wojcik Emmerich & Craig Emmerich saved my life and I’ll spend the rest of it helping others discover this way of living too!” Autumn