Big Mac Chaffles
You all know that I would rather be on my outside enjoying nature rather than driving to the store and waiting in line to get groceries! That is why I get just about everything mailed to my front door and my favorite delivery twice a month is Butcherbox!
Click HERE to get a the CURRENT Butcherbox Deal!
If you miss a Big Mac, you must try my Big Mac Chaffles! It is a simple yet delicious recipe that my recipe testers love! This Keto Big Mac will keep you asking for more!
The special sauce is just like McDonald’s Big Mac sauce and makes these chaffles extra delicious!
We made a YouTube video of us making this delicious keto Big Mac and when I made the patties, I conveniently opened a package of pre-made ButcherBox patties (click HERE to check out Butcherbox)! If you use a fattier cut of ground beef to make the Big Mac pattties in your chaffle maker, you may have a lot of grease drip out of the chaffle maker.
I understand that life gets busy and sometimes we need to find shortcuts. I once always made my own mayo, bone broth, sauces, marinara sauces, but that’s because there weren’t any good store-bought options. Now I find myself making my Special Sauce for my Big Mac Chaffles with Primal Kitchen Mayo and Ketchup! They are delicious, organic and they do not have any sugar nor vegetable oils in the ingredients!
Primal Kitchen products are not only filled with top quality ingredients, it is also delicious! I love that I can easily open a jar and use it to make my Big Mac Special Sauce in an instant!
Primal Kitchen is SO generous that they are doing a special discount for all of my readers! Use code: Maria for 20 % off!
Click HERE to get Primal Kitchen Products!
If you want to watch us make this amazing BIG MAC CHAFFLE recipe, subscribe to our new YouTube Channel and comment below on what video recipe we should make next!
Click HERE to subscribe to our keto YouTube Channel and tell your friends! Its a FREE and fun way to learn keto!
Big Mac Chaffles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray for greasing chaffle maker
Big Mac Fixings:
- 1/3 pound ground beef 85% lean I used the Butcherbox patties
- 1/4 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 leaves shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 Slices Dill Pickles for garnish
- ½ cup mayonnaise I used Primal Kitchen Mayo
- ¼ cup Dill Pickles chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce I used Primal Kitchen ketchup
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite or monk fruit extract or a few drops liquid stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce optional, for umami flavor
- Preheat a mini chaffle maker.
- Place the cheese and egg into a small bowl and use a fork to combine well.
- Grease the chaffle maker with duck fat spray (or other spray) and place 1/2 of the mixture into the chaffle maker and press the maker down. Cook the chaffle for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chaffle batter.
- Set chaffles aside.
- Divide the beef into 2 balls and form into a flattened hockey puck shape. Season the outsides with salt.
- Place one ball into the chaffle maker and press down. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from chaffle maker and repeat with the rest of the beef.
- Place one chaffle onto a plate, top with the beef patties, top with sliced cheddar cheese, slices of dill pickle, shredded lettuce and drizzle with a tablespoon of Special Sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Best served fresh.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Hi Maria! I wanted to say thank you for your instruction. In the first three months I have been able to lose 24 pounds and, most importantly, lower my A1C from 6.3 to 5.6…reversing my pre-diabetes designation. I refuse to ever be diagnosed. My mother and grandmother both suffered terribly and died from diabetes. It is firmly written on my genetic wall. With your help, I have happily “discovered I have control over this supposed curse. I am really grateful. My next goal is anA1C under 5! ️
My mind set is always one of looking forward and getting better each day, but stopping to take in how far I’ve come makes me feel proud of myself. This side by side I did made my jaw drop! 45 pounds gone in 18 months (26 in the last 4 months since adding PSMF), no longer pre-diabetic, and feeling better at 50 than I did in my 20s. I owe a huge part of my success to your instruction. Grateful for you!
Showing my stomach is a big step for me. I’ve had 2 c-sections (to get my amazing sons…so worth it!), a double hernia operation as a child, and my Gallbladder removed. It feels a little like a road atlas. Lol! I never thought I’d see definition again without surgery.” Shelly
I was wondering how you respond to those right now that say women over 50 should not do keto but do keto green. I have fat deposits on my legs for the last 3 years and 20 pounds to shed. It seems that whatever I try doesn’t get me to where I wanted and I quite. Could you please help me in any way.
There is no truth to that. In fact, science has consistently shown that as we age we need MORE complete proteins. So you need more animal proteins as we get older.
Can you link to where they said that?
I recently had open heart surgery. Prior to that I followed the ketogenic diet for approximately 4 years. Is it safe to continue? I used to feel wonderful when I followed it and terrible if I didn’t.
Yes, this lifestyle is great for overall health. Watch this video:
In the video you mentioned a dairy free pork rind chaffle. Do you have a link for that? I’m inspired to try this!
That recipe is coming on the 25th!
This sounds ahhhhmmmaazing! Are there any macros for this recipe?
I added them above.
I noticed in the photo that there were two slices of cheese on the burgers, but you didn’t list them in the list of garnishes. However, you did include them in #8 of the instructions. My question is this: does the nutritional information and macros include those two slices of cheese?
I fixed it above. Thanks! 🙂
I see you have cheese slices in the pictures of this burger, but the recipe doesn’t include it. What cheese do you use to make it taste like a Big Mac?
I fixed the recipe above. 🙂
I’m wondering how the carbs were figured? I only counted 5 when I made these. I didn’t use sesame seeds or fish sauce- perhaps that’s where the added carbs are? Thanks!
The egg, onion, pickles, tomato sauce all add up. 😉
Butcherbox has a waitlist. Are there any other meat services you use and recommend?
Yes! We love these:
US Wellness meats:
If I wanted to use powdered Swerve in the sauce, about how much do you think I should use?
Thanks! I love your recipes and have lots of your books. 😃
Thanks! Yes, that will work. Maybe just a bit less when using powdered. 🙂
Hi Maria – this looks amazing. I’m a big fan and collect your cookbooks.
Question- do you know of a similar multiple mini-waffle maker that is not teflon-based? Thanks so much!
Thanks! That is tough to find. I don’t know of a mini waffle maker without some sort of coating unfortunately. You can just use a hot cast iron skillet and make like pancakes. 🙂
Hi Maria, I tried using the coupon code for Primal Kitchen but it doesn’t work. Was there an expiration on it? Thanks! Hoping to make this recipe soon!!
This should work: MARIA10