I love this ambrosia sauce and if you do to, you can easily double the recipe so you can have extra sauce in your fridge to use for shrimp, lobster, fish or just about anything! This scrumptious ambrosia sauce can be made 4 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I eat this sauce daily on a piece of Halibut and on special occasions I make a salad with the lobster meat I get from Butcherbox and make a salad with it! It looks messy but it is oh so delicious!
If you sign up for Butcherbox TODAY, you get FREE BACON FOR LIFE!
If you want to watch me make delicious keto recipes like this Ambrosia Sauce, subscribe to our new YouTube Channel to get updated when the video comes out which will be in a day or two, and comment below on what video recipe we should make next!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter), divided
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- ½ cancoconut milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (or kite hill cream cheese if dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (or 2 teaspoons if you are like me!)
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real Salt, plus more for seasoning chicken (use code Maria15 for 15% off
- ½ teaspoon stevia glycerite (or a few drops liquid stevia) (or more to desired sweetness)
- 4 Butcherbox bone-in chicken legs or thighs
- Heat a sauce pot with 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté another 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, salt and stevia. Simmer for 15-30 minutes. Add the cream cheese and use a stick blender to purée until smooth. Taste and add sweetness to your liking.
- This sauce can be made 4 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To make the chicken, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Season the chicken well on all sides with salt. Place the chicken in the hot skillet, skin side down.
- Cook for 10–12 minutes, flipping after 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the sauce, cover and simmer until meat is tender and falling off the bone, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large platter. Spoon sauce over the chicken; garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
610 calories, 47g fat, 41g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria! I just want to say a big thank you! I can’t even write this without tearing up because I’m so grateful that your have shared your knowledge and let us all on your journey with you.
Last November I was hospitalized with extremely high blood pressure that was unable to be controlled. I was 45 year old. My specialist recommended losing weight.
I went home from that appointment and found you and went to work on changing my life.
I’m happy to say I’m so close to being off all drugs to lower my blood pressure and I’ve never felt so in control of my own health.
Truly Thank you, one grateful follower️!” Vanessa
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!