Testimony of the Day
“Hi Maria! On 02/15/13 I was diagnosed with a 12mm Pineal Gland Cyst after a sever migraine. In late July I flew to Colorado in hope of finding some answers and second opinions. I was given no information from the 2-3 Neurologist that I have seen as to what caused or is “feeding” this. The doctors are very unhelpful due to where my cyst is located (dead center of my brain). Their fearful that it will grow thus forcing them to operate, so they shove RX’s at me in hopes that something will help. Only more bad news followed. Not only was the Cyst causing problems, I was on my way to getting Type 2 Diabetes and leaky gut. I knew I needed to change my life and fast.
I found out about “The Maria Way” from some very good friends. I have followed your plan since the being of August. On 08/20/13 just 2.5 short weeks of being GF, I had my follow up MRI. It showed that the cyst was now only 1.1cm in size. It had already shrunk 1mm! I know that sounds tiny but when you’re talking about something growing in the middle of your brain it means a lot! I have stopped all med’s and have been migraine and headache free for almost a month now thanks to you!
My skin has improved and my body has never felt better. I cant wait to see how i feel in a month! My holistic doctors believe that a change in diet and the right supplements will probably shrink or even make my cyst go away. I am really looking forward to TOTAL body health. I truly do feel that “you are what you eat”.
I have never felt better! Not only am I losing weight but very soon I will be completely healthy! Thank you Maria!!!!” Megan
If you too want to find out what supplements your body needs and how to change your diet, click HERE for life-changing help!
I’m not one to watch a lot of TV, but I do love cooking shows! My favorite one is MasterChef! They made eclairs on this show which inspired me to create a “healthified” eclair, but I also watch a show called the Best American Baking Competition. The contestants on this show also had to make Eclairs. One of the judges claimed the contestant had too much filling in the eclair! WHAT? Craig and I looked at each other and laughed! That is NEVER a bad thing as you can clearly see by Micah’s expression and the filling dripping down his face!
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup vanilla whey or egg white protein
- 3 oz cream cheese (softened) OMIT IF DAIRY ALLERGY and add reserved yolks
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 4 TBS Swerve or 1 tsp stevia glycerite
- CUSTARD FILLING:
- 6 large egg yolks
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup Swerve (or erythritol and ¼ tsp stevia glycerite)
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- CHOCOLATE (EASY OPTION):
- 2 ChocoPerfection Bars (I used Raspberry chocolate bar)
- 4-6 TBS unsweetened almond milk
- CHOCOLATE (Homemade OPTION):
- 2 TBS butter or coconut oil
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 10 TBS heavy cream or coconut milk
- ¼ cup cups confectioners Swerve
- 1 tsp stevia glycerite
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Separate the eggs and whip the whites and cream of tartar until very stiff (I use my beloved stand mixer and let it go for 5 minutes).
- Slowly sift in the protein powder into the whites.
- Combine softened cream cheese (OR YOLKS) and natural sweetener.
- Using a spatula, very gently fold the cream cheese into the whites.
- Spray a lasagna pan with coconut oil spray and spoon the mixture into it in tube-like shapes (if the whites fall, put the mixture into greased muffin tins).
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the CUSTARD: Whisk egg yolks, almond milk, and natural sweetener in medium metal bowl to blend.
- Slowly mix in the melted butter so the eggs don’t cook unevenly.
- Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk mixture constantly and vigorously until thickened and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 140°F for 3 minutes, about 5 minutes total (or coats the back of a spoon).
- Remove mixture from over water and chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge. (It can be prepared 1-3 days ahead and refrigerated. Re-whisk before serving.)
- Place in a ziplock bag.
- Cut the corner of the bag and pipe the mixture into the éclairs.
- To make CHOCOLATE EASY OPTION: Chop the bars into small pieces.
- In a double boiler or microwavable bowl, combine ingredients.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Drizzle onto éclairs and let rest on cooling rack until glaze has set.
- To make HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE: Place the butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler (or in a heat safe dish over a pot of boiling water).
- Stir well until just melted (don’t burn the chocolate!), add in the cream, and natural sweetener.
- Stir until smooth and thick.
- Smooth all over the top of the cooled eclairs.
Traditional Eclairs: 387 calories, 34g fat, 3g protein, 39g carbs, 0.6g fiber (38.4 effective carbs)
“Healthified” Eclairs: 363 calories, 33g fat, 15.1g protein, 3.8g carbs, 1g fiber (2.8 effective carbs)
In my book: Secrets to Controlling Your Weight Cravings and Mood, I discuss the main neurotransmitters responsible for a healthy brain (serotonin, GABA, dopamine and acetylcholine). Most people haven’t heard of acetylcholine, but it is so important! Acetylcholine controls the brain’s speed and mental process, keeping memory sharp and physical movements quick and precise. Acetylcholine controls activity in the parietal lobe, the area of the brain responsible for processing sensory information, learning, memory and awareness. Inadequate levels of this chemical can cause forgetfulness, Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, dementia, dry mouth, dry skin, reading or writing disorders, speech problems, slow movement, mood swings, difficulty prioritizing tasks and an inability to relate to others.
Most women are predisposed to an acetylcholine deficiency, because these symptoms set in with peri-menopause. Estrogen and testosterone stimulate the production of acetylcholine. As levels of those hormones decline, so does the production of this brain chemical. This prompts symptoms like memory lapses, dry skin and weight gain. The cholesterol in yolks help produce hormones levels. The reason why cholesterol levels go up after menopause is because your body is trying to produce more estrogen (which your ovaries are no longer releasing).
In the late 1930s, scientists discovered that tissue from the pancreas contained a substance, called Choline, which helps prevent fatty build-up in the liver and produces acetylcholine. Since then, research has shown that choline is found not only in the pancreas and liver, but is also a huge component of every human cell. Choline is named after the Greek word which means bile, which is very appropriate. Bile, which is produced in our liver, has a primary job of making fat compatible with water, so that fat-based matter can get transported though the body in our water-based blood. Interestingly, Choline has very comparable fat-modifying effects on our cellular membrane. The reason that choline decreases fat storage is that it allows our cell membranes to operate with greater flexibility in handling both fat and water-soluble molecules. In other words, without choline, fat-based nutrients and waste products could not pass in and out of our cells. Therefore, healthy fats can’t get into our cells to make our brain healthy, skin soft, and cells happy AND we can’t get the stored toxic fat out! Choline is a key component of the fat-containing structures in cell membranes. Since cell membranes are almost entirely made up of fats, the membranes’ health depends on adequate amounts of choline.
To produce more acetylcholine, enjoy three servings of choline-rich foods; like eggs (I’m talking about the yolks here…Egg Beaters don’t count). Grass-fed, organic eggs are the most beneficial. Grass-fed eggs contain a very high level of healthy omega 3s compared to store-bought eggs. Omega 3 will also stimulate a happier brain by assisting our cells to communicate. “Happy cells are talking cells.” Supplemental choline has even shown effectiveness in treating Alzheimer’s disease. Click HERE to find.
If you would like to help out a small family, rather than large business, I am happy to announce that you can now get my books as a high quality ebook that works on any platform. This is an ebook format that works on any computer or mobile device. It is a beautiful pdf that has all the full color pages and layouts as the printed books with click-able table of contents and searching capabilities. This is extremely useful when trying to find a recipe. These books are much higher quality than the ebook platforms (kindle, apple). Plus, most of the profits don’t go to Amazon or apple! Just go here to get your copy!
Just Click HERE or select “My Books” above to get your copy now! Thank you all for your love and support!