Zero Carb Keto Cheetos
If you haven’t noticed, I do not allow advertising on my site.
I just didn’t agree with some of the products that were advertised. They were keto products, but they were unhealthy and I would never personally eat most of the products. It was hard to say no to blog advertisements; they pay thousands of dollars a month, but I just felt uncomfortable about having the products I didn’t recommend on my website.
Instead, I have created a shopping list where you can find all the healthy ingredients that are difficult to find in the grocery store (and if you do find them, they are often very expensive).
I have done a lot of detective work and found the lowest prices on for all of the products I use and love. Everything from food, pantry items, kitchen tools, supplements, and skin products are on my list.
I rarely waste time in the grocery store because I find everything online for a way better price!
All you have to do is click on the words in my recipes and it will take you right to the correct item. If you add them to your cart I get a tiny commission that helps me afford to keep practicing recipes (Recipe experimenting can costing me a fortune!…but I love helping!).
I also have GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS on the list!
Happy Shopping and THANK YOU for all your support!!!
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese (frozen)
- Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put the frozen cheese in a food processor/blender and chop, until it's in tiny little pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the whites with cream of tartar until VERY stiff peaks form. Sprinkle the chopped cheese, on top of the egg whites. Then, with a rubber spatula, fold the cheese into the egg whites, VERY CAREFULLY, being careful not to disturb the fluffy whites, but thoroughly spread the cheese, throughout.
- Carefully place the mixture into a large Ziplock baggie, cut a ½ inch hole in the corner of the baggie. Gently squeeze onto cookie sheet in CHEETO-like shapes. I would suggest using a sheet of parchment baking paper, to line your pan, but if you don't...grease the pan. Lightly sprinkle grated parmesan cheese, on top of each puff.
- Bake at 300 degrees, for 20-30 minutes. The longer you can bake them (without them getting too brown), the crispier they will be. For even crispier puffs, turn off the oven, and leave them in the oven for at least 30-minutes. Store in a tightly sealed, air-tight container. Makes 6 servings.
- NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
- Store-Bought Cheetos = 150 calories, 10g fat, 2g protein, 13g carbs, 0.5g fiber (12.5g effective carbs)
- "Healthified" Cheetos = 46 calories, 3.1g fat, 4.2g protein, trace carbs, 0g fiber (0g effective carbs)
Store-Bought Cheetos = 150 calories, 10g fat, 2g protein, 13g carbs, 0.5g fiber (12.5g effective carbs)
"Healthified" Cheetos = 46 calories, 3.1g fat, 4.2g protein, trace carbs, 0g fiber (0g effective carbs)
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Thank you Maria! This is a point that I thought would never happen. In October I was determined to start and keep fighting to make it happen.
•All my teen and adult life this weight has been a struggle.
•I topped out over 300 pounds in 2007!
•In 2009 started a new eating plan, working out and managed to lose 40 pounds. Then stuck again!
•2015 I began keto, 20 more pounds lost but stuck again!
•The battle continued trying to figure out the “right” thing that would help. Stuck again!
•I worked out harder, longer…no more loss.
•I tried fasting…stuck.
I stuck with the eating plan and the began Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
Maria Emmerich has amazing recipes that didn’t make me feel deprived. Often times I feel like I’m “cheating” because the food is so good! The most amazing thing is the weight loss! I’m amazed! I’m still a long way away, but I now have confidence that my goal will one day be a possibility. Next goal…under 200!!!“
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!