Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream
There’s nothing like fresh churned ice cream! I remember when I was a little girl my dad made me homemade ice cream. It was with an old-style hand crank ice cream maker and we had to use rock salt to make it. It was really hard to make and took about an hour but man, it was the best ice cream! I was forever hooked on making homemade ice cream using organic cream.
I am so grateful that ice cream makers have gotten so much easier to use because I make keto sugar-free ice cream just about every week because we enjoy it so much! A few years back, my Cuisinart Ice cream maker broke (because of over-use!) and Cuisinart sent me a NEW one! I love that company! Click HERE to find the ice cream maker I love!!! It also only takes 10-15 minutes to churn!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream
- PREP: 5 minutes, plus 10 minutes for churning
- Yield: 5 servings
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup ALLULOSE (keeps ice cream soft)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup diced rhubarb
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness and strawberry flavoring to your liking.
- Place into your ice cream machine and watch the magic happen within 10 or according to your ice cream maker’s directions.
- Freeze until set.
224 calories, 24g fat, 3g protein, 1g carbs, 0.3g fiber