PSMF Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
I grew up eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal! I LOVED it!
There is something about a crunchy cereal in milk that I love and if you love it, you are going to want to make a batch of my protein sparing Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal!
To make my recipe for protein sparing cinnamon toast crunch cereal, I used Wholesome Yum allulose. Using other types of sweeteners like erythritol will not work. Allulose melts like sugar which makes my protein sparing cinnamon bread perfect!
Wholesome Yum brand of allulose even ships to Canada!
Wholesome Yum has the best quality natural sweeteners. Wholesome Yum also doesn’t use harmful additives like some brands! I also love Wholesome Yum because they are also a kind small family-owned business. You all know I love supporting small business!
Click HERE to watch a very helpful video on Protein Sparing and how to do PSMF properly and avoid the weight loss mistakes I see all the time!
- 1½ cups dried egg white powder
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Yum allulose
- 4 tablespoons gelatin
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1-3 tablespoons egg yolk powder (or whole egg yolks)
- Unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened hemp milk if nut free)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a bread pan with avocado oil spray (or if making buns, place a piece of parchment onto a baking sheet and spray with avocado oil spray. Set aside.
- Place the egg white protein, allulose, gelatin, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla extract into the bowl of your stand mixer (or any large bowl). Stir to combine well.
- Add the water. Turn the mixer to high (or a hand mixer on high speed) and whip for at least 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Click HERE to find the 8 quartstand mixer I have so I can make 2 loaves of psmf bread at once! Makes a GREAT gift!
- Note: If adding yolks, lightly combine. But note, the yolks will increase fat and can increase likelihood of falling.
- Swirl in the cinnamon with a spatula or spoon.
- Place the mixture into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through for buns. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked though and golden brown for a loaf.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- To make the psmf cinnamon toast crunch cereal, Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and set aside.
- Slice the protein sparing cinnamon bread into 1 inch slices. Use a rolling pin to roll the slices of bread into dense ¼ inch slices.
- Cube the protein sparing cinnamon bread into ¼ inch cubes. Place the cubes onto the baking sheets. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until completely dry like cereal.
- Serve the PSMF Cinnamon Toast Crunch in a bowl with unsweetened almond milk.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can be frozen for up to a month.
87 calories, 1g fat, 17g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 5.7
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Well, I didn’t expect to feel emotional over this but here we are!
In two years, I have gotten sober, lost a baby, had a beautiful daughter who was in the NICU for the first 2 months of her life, and stopped taking care of myself due to pandemic life. 3 months ago I decided it was enough, and thanks to the delicious recipes and unwavering guidance of Maria Emmerich my life has changed.
I go for a walk every day with my daughter, I eat foods I love, and the PTSD and anxiety I have lived with since a serious accident in my early 20’s has become much more manageable. I am grateful!” Helen
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!