Protein Sparing Pumpkin Pie Sorbet
Do you love pumpkin pie?
You are going to want to make my protein sparing pumpkin pie sorbet!
It is never too cold for sorbet and this pumpkin pie sorbet is super delicious without the guilt! It is great for your Pure Protein Days (Protein sparing modified fast days).
For my protein sparing pumpkin pie sorbet, do not skip the gelatin. The gelatin helps keep the pumpkin sorbet soft. I only use Further Food gelatin because it is the best quality gelatin without any harmful ingredients!
Further Food products are not only filled with top quality ingredients, they are also delicious!
I love that I can easily open a tub of Further Food gelatin and make my protein sparing pumpkin pie sorbet in an instant!
Further Foods is SO generous that they are doing a special discount for all of my readers!
Note: If you prefer, you can use 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree. This will create a smoother, less icy pumpkin pie sorbet, but it will increase the carbs.
- Sprinkle powdered gelatin over ¼ cup cool almond milk. Stir and set it aside for at least 5 minutes to bloom while you mix the base.
- In a sauce pan, whisk together remaining 2 cups almond milk, brown allulose, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Heat this mixture on medium heat while whisking to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Pour into blender. Add bloomed gelatin-almond milk mixture. Blend for 1 minute.
- Cool sorbet base to room temperature. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Place into your ice cream machine (click HERE to find the one I LOVE)and watch the magic happen within 15 minutes or according to your ice cream maker’s directions. Freeze until set.
- NOTE: if your pumpkin pie sorbet hardens too much, let it thaw 15 minutes before serving.
31 calories, 1g fat, 1g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 0.3
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!