Perfect Roast Turkey with Protein Sparing Gravy
Thanksgiving is coming which means Turkey Time!
I have great news for you! You all know I despise going to the grocery store! I don’t like wasting time driving to the store and waiting in line. This is why I get just about everything mailed to my front door! Including my Thanksgiving Turkey!
Butcherbox now has TURKEY!
Holidays can be stressful, but not when you are serving high-quality meat you can feel good about. ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood delivered directly to your door.
This holiday season, worry about the important things in life, don’t worry about the turkey. Sign up now to get a FREE, all-natural turkey with no antibiotics ever with your first ButcherBox order!
About Our Turkey:
- All-natural* young turkey
- *All natural: no basting ingredients, no artificial ingredients, minimally processed
- No preservatives
- No antibiotics ever
- No added hormones
- Complete traceability to the farm
- Animal welfare certified
- IT IS NOT PASTURED
At our Thanksgiving table, we also love to serve the best quality gourmet cheeses! I also love to order gourmet cheeses for my family and friends around the holidays! It is the gift that keeps on giving!
I also served my Perfect Roast Turkey with my protein sparing stuffing recipe using my protein sparing bread! Watch for the protein sparing stuffing coming in a few weeks!
Perfect Roast Turkey with Protein Sparing Gravy
PERFECT ROAST TURKEY:
PROTEIN SPARING GRAVY:
- 2 cups Turkey drippings or 1/2 cup for turkey breast
- 3 cups cold chicken broth divided (or 3/4 cup for a single turkey breast)
- 3 tablespoons Further Food gelatin or 3/4 tablespoon for a single turkey breast
- Place an oven rack in the lowest position (with room above to fit the turkey) and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove any turkey parts from the cavity and set aside in the fridge or discard.
- Pat the turkey dry on the inside and out with paper towels.
- Season the cavity with 1 teaspoon salt and stuff the cavity with 2 sprigs of thyme, sage, half of the onion wedges and garlic.
- In a small saucepot, place the the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme. Heat until butter is just melted. Brush the turkey with the melted butter mixture.
- Season the outside of the turkey well with 4 teaspoons salt.
- Place the remaining onion wedges in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the roasting rack in the pan, making sure it is level.
- Place the turkey to the rack, tuck the wings back under the body and tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Roast for 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan drippings every 30 minutes if desired.
- Cook until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh measures 165 degrees F, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile make the gravy.
- To make the gravy, remove the turkey from the roasting pan (or slow cooker for a turkey breast), pour the contents through the fine mesh sieve over a bowl, so that the drippings end up in the bowl. Discard the solids.
- In a small bowl, place the 1 cup cold broth Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the broth. Set aside to dissolve.
- Place the Turkey drippings and rest of the broth in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes, until the gravy has reduced by half.
- Add the dissolved gelatin mixture into the pan, whisking often, until dissolved.
- Allow the gravy to cool from hot to lukewarm - it will thicken as it cools. It may form a film on top, but just whisk it and it will go away. It will gel and be too thick if it gets completely cold - just reheat it to make it pourable again.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I want to thank Maria SO much. I did a personal health assessment about 6 weeks ago and it has changed my life.
I was already keto, but struggling. I have implemented the changes she suggested and I have finally given up dairy and I feel amazing!
I have pretty severe RA, along with other medical conditions and used to hate mornings because I was so stiff and it took me hours to get my you know what together. Now I can’t wait to get up and start my day.
I am losing weight again, sleeping great, have the energy of a 20 year old and my chronic bloating and diarrhea has disappeared and I am just so grateful for Maria and Craig Emmerich for everything they are doing to try to help us all live our best life.
I was getting very depressed for some time, but now I am hopeful and excited to live life again! If you haven’t done it yet and are suffering PLEASE reach out to them and at the very least do a health assessment so you can get your life back!” – Michelle
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!