Peanut Butter Pie
I made the most delicious Keto Peanut Butter Pie the other day! My little boy loves peanut butter balls and he made a YouTube video of making them (click HERE to watch my Keto Kid). I decided to make his favorite keto treat into a lovely keto pie! I used my keto pie crust recipe, Micah’s peanut butter ball recipe for a filling and top it with a chocolate coating.
In this keto peanut butter pie, I used mascarpone cheese in the filling because it is less tangy, but if all you have is cream cheese, that will work. I also garnished it with beautiful puffs of cream from my whipped cream canister which is one of my favorite keto gadgets. I am a minimalist and do not like a lot of gadgets; however, THIS whipped cream dispenser is always in my fridge for an easy garnish to fancy up any keto dessert. I just put heavy cream into THIS canister, (I have a professional dispenser because I use it so much, but THIS dispenser is a good one too and much cheaper) add a few tablespoons of Swerve confectioners (or stevia glycerite: non-bitter form of stevia), seal it and shake it up. Tada! Even though I am not an artist, this pie looks lovely!
- ¾ cupblanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 tsp stevia glycerite
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese), softened
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoonsconfectioner's Swerve
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- Whipped Cream (from canister) and unsweetened cocoa powder sweetened with Swerve confectioners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Place melted butter, almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, stevia and salt in a large bowl. Stir with a hand mixer to combine well. Use your fingers to press mixture into the bottom of the pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the whipping cream into a chilled bowl and use a hand mixer to whip until stiff peaks form. Add the Swerve, softened mascarpone cheese and peanut butter. Use a hand mixer to combine well. Pour mixture into pre-baked shell. Set in fridge to cool and set up.
- To make the chocolate ganache: Place the cream and natural sweetener in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the finely chopped chocolate, vanilla and salt. Stir with a whisk, then allow to sit for 3 minutes. Stir again until completely smooth. Place over cooled peanut butter pie and set in the fridge for 20 minutes to set. Garnish with Swerve-sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkle of Swerve-sweetened cocoa powder.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
434 calories, 41g fat, 9g protein, 8g carbs, 3g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Hi Maria! I am so darn happy and feel a heck of a lot better!
I started at 240 pounds on my 5’7″ frame 5 months ago this coming Tuesday when I stumbled across your book The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse in a Sprouts store. I was wearing size 18/20 pants and 20/22 tops and feeling miserable.
Yesterday I wore a pair of size 8 jean capris to my youngest’s h.s. graduation party and today when I went shopping with my daughter… I averaged size 10 pants. I have been a size 12 and much higher since junior high!!! My daughter (such a good sport) wore the same exact clothes I did…I can wear my 23 year olds clothes! What????!!!! Today I am down 45.4 pounds with less than 30 lbs. to my original goal! Keep up your Keto ways!! ” – Melanie
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!