Testimony of the Day
I won’t take much of your time. Just wanted you to know I have become a keto adapted lady and my life has improved in every way possible. Thank you. You are one of Gods gifts to the world. (if only more would listen)! I have referred your books to everyone I know and most of them have purchased them on kindle! After a few months of “Keto-Adapted”.” -Emily
Low Carb SWEET “POTATO” CASSEROLE
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without my mom’s sweet potato casserole. I thought of an interesting twist to lower the calories and carbs… See you don’t have to gain the estimated 15 pounds from Thanksgiving to New Years and still enjoy comfort food!
- 3 cups mashed cauliflower
- 1 cup pumpkin (or more...if you want a deeper color)
- ¼ cup Swerve (or erythritol and ¼ tsp stevia glycerite)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or heavy cream)
- ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ⅓ cup butter, melted (or coconut oil if dairy free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Swerve (or erythritol and ¼ tsp stevia glycerite)
- ½ cup almond flour or almond meal
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Place cauliflower florets in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place florets in a microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes.) Place the cooked cauliflower in a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, pumpkin, Swerve, eggs, almond milk, salt, ⅓ cup butter and vanilla. Mix together and pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- To prepare the topping, combine the Swerve, almond flour, ⅓ cup melted butter and pecans. Mix together and crumble over "sweet potato" mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes. Serves 10
1 cup Sweet Potato = 180 calories, 41 carbs, 7 fiber
1 cup Pumpkin = 30 calories, 7 carbs, 1 fiber
1 cup Cauliflower = 28 calories, 5 carbs, 2.8 fiber
Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole = 407 calories, 68.6g carbs, 2g fiber
"Healthified" Casserole = 268 calories, 26.2g fat, 4.4g protein, 6.9g carbs, 2.5 fiber (88% fat, 6% protein, 10% carbs)
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I met Christine when I did a book signing in Florida this past winter! Doesn’t she look great???
“Hi Maria! Today was my magic day! I don’t own a scale, but on a hunch, I weighed myself at Publix and I am at goal weight!
108 lbs gone…from a size 24W to a size 10. And I think my body still wants to shed a bit more! When I met you in Florida, I told you that you’d changed my life. And you did!
My body and my spirit have healed, and I’m at peace with who and where I am. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do to help others.
You have a gift, and you truly do change lives, not only through your recipes and knowledge, but also through the stories you share of your journey. May all the blessings you continually share with others come back to you 100- fold! ” Christine