Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
I made a recipe for Key Lime Pie about 4 years ago when we were in the middle of adopting the boys that I totally forgot about!
If you want to make the pie you must start with a “healthified” Sweetened Condensed Milk! So here is a recipe for you to get started on. I will post the pie recipe soon!
I made this last night and put in on strawberries for my boys and they licked the bowl clean! That is saying something when they don’t have much of a sweet tooth!
- 4 TBS butter (or coconut oil if dairy sensitive)
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners
- If using butter, place the butter in a medium saucepan and heat on high whisking often until butter starts to froth and brown flecks appear. (NOTE if using coconut oil, add at the end).
- Add coconut milk and sweetener to the saucepan. Mix well and heat on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and boil, stirring very often and scraping the sides of the pan to keep from burning.
- Boil for about 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture has reduced by about half. Add coconut oil, if using) and mix well. Cool and store in refrigerator.
Sweetened Condensed Milk = 120 calories, 3g fat, 3g protein, 21g carbs, 0g fiber
"Healthified" Sweetened Condensed Milk = 88 calories, 7.9g fat, 0.7g protein, 2.7g carbs, 0g fiber
Makes 20 servings.