Keto Shrimp Po Boy
I miss New Orleans so much! I was scheduled to visit that amazing city this year to film cooking videos for Swerve but with Covid-19, that has been postponed. This New Orleans–inspired Keto Shrimp Po Boy Chaffle is deliciously filling and will take you back to New Orleans!
WHERE TO GET KETO SHRIMP PO BOY CHAFFLE INGREDIENTS
Most of you know I rarely go to the store!
Honestly, almost everything I used to make these Shrimp Po Boys was mailed to me! The shrimp, the chaffle maker, the avocado oil spray and the mayo! My life is busy enough! I save time (and money) by supporting companies I love and having things mailed to me!
I understand that life gets busy and sometimes we need to find shortcuts.
This is why I worked with my favorite keto companies to get coupon codes for all of you!
AND TODAY you can get FREE cold cracked lobster meat and New York Strip Steaks when you sign up for Butcherbox!
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen chipotle lime mayonnaise (use code Maria for 20% off)
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Seafood Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (click HERE for FREE SHRIMP)
- 2 teaspoons Seafood Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored coconut oil, divided or bacon fat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ground pork rinds (click HERE to find!)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray, for greasing chaffle maker
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS (OPTIONAL)
- Fresh herbs
- Diced cabbage
- Make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the Primal Kitchen mayonnaise, Primal Kitchen mustard, pickle juice, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the chaffles. Preheat a mini chaffle maker (click HERE to find).
- Place the pork rinds, egg and paprika into a small bowl and use a fork to combine well.
- Grease the chaffle maker with Primal Kitchen avocado oil spray and place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the chaffle maker and press the maker down. Cook the chaffle for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from chaffle maker and repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Po Boy fixings!
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning to coat. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and the minced garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes on each side, or until they turn opaque and pink. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the dressing between two sandwiches, coating both sides of the chaffles. Top with the shrimp, red onion slices, and tomato slices, as well as any additional toppings of your choice.
645 calories, 50.9g fat, 39.5g protein, 12.6g carbs, 2.8g fiber
P:E Ratio 0.7
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“This was last NYE, 65lbs. gone, following Maria and Craig. Throughout the whole pandemic I gained 5 lbs and already have that gone. This year is about continuing the journey and getting those last few vanity pounds off. If I can do it, you can do it! Maria Wojcik Emmerich is a life saver!” – Jennifer