TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Phone Consult Testimony: “I know it has been a long time since we have chatted. I have fell off and gotten back on the WOE so many times, but in the process I have healed and now I am losing weight effortlessly. It’s just the way I eat now. THANK YOU, from the tip of my toes to the top of my head for all your help! Your 30 day programs are gold. And the consult is invaluable. 1.5 years later. I never gave up.” Kelly
I would rather be around a campfire than watching television, but there are some programs I enjoy watching with my boys. They really love watching cooking shows with me and one of them is The Next Food Network Star and guess what… I just signed up to be a contestant! My theme would be the Keto Kitchen. I would love to have a TV show on the Food Network and teach all of you how to adapt your favorite comfort foods into keto-friendly foods! I would focus on all the yummy food you CAN have rather than focus on what you have to cut out. So if any of you out there have connections… hook me up! lol:)
Anyway, on the last episode of The Next Food Network Star, one of the contestants gave a tip on how to keep pesto bright green and he suggested putting some ice cubes into the blender before pureeing the ingredients (hot blades on the blender can make it turn brown). I thought I should make a little step-by-step video to show you just how easy this homemade sauce is to make! Enjoy!
Here is a Video of this recipe:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts omit if nut free
- 1/2 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2/3 cup avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil I used THIS oil
- 2 tablespoons ice cubes KEEPS GREEN COLOR
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese omit if dairy free
- SERVE WITH ZOODLES OR MIRACLE NOODLES
- Place the basil, garlic, and walnuts, salt, pepper, oil and ice cubes in a food processor and pulse until fairly smooth. If not dairy free and serving now, add in Parmesan and puree until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle 2 extra tablespoons of oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw and stir in cheese.
- Serve over Miracle Noodles or Zoodles!
211 calories, 22g fat, 2g protein, 1g carbs, 0.3g fiber
You would make an amazing Food Network Star! My son was on the last series so if you want some pointers just let me know!😜
Yummy! I’ll also use MCT OIL.
OMG if you got a cooking show spot I would be your most devoted viewer…. am just imagining what it’d be like! Strong work!
It’s funny you say that… My 14 year old daughter was watching a few of your tutorial videos with me and she said ” Mom, she should have her own cooking show on the food network “.. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
they did a “review” of keto diet in one of their magazines a while back and basically didn’t recommend it so i stopped buying it. 🙂
i would love it if you had a show or was even on NFNS!