Aloha! I get asked to do Keto Youtube videos often but honestly when I am not working with clients or helping teach my keto coaches I prefer to be outside in nature! I decided to multitask and while I am on my paddle board looking for whales I am talking about common Keto Mistakes when you are doing Keto for Weight loss.
But before you watch my Keto Mistakes Youtube video, I thought we could play a game! A few of you asked me to share some fun facts about myself so…
1. My favorite hobbies are kayaking, swimming in the ocean, bow hunting, fishing… and paddle boarding with whales 🐋 🐋🐋
2. I love hamburgers but don’t like steak.
3. My dream date… skip taking me to a fancy restaurant… I’d much rather go on a wild adventure in a rainforest or an amazing fishing trip! 🎋🎋🎋
4. I was married at age 20 (17 years ago… you do the math! lol) ❤️
5. I adore my 2 little boys, Micah and Kai❤️
6. I am a musician. I play the guitar, bass guitar, piano and played the saxophone in the high school marching band! I even sang at weddings. 🎸🎷🎹
7. I’m a TOTAL Introvert! You can often find me on an adventure in the woods. 🌲🌲
8. My favorite book is A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson 🌳
9. My first job was a Plumber (I helped my dad who owns a Plumbing/Heating Business)…definitely NOT my favorite job! But I learned how to be a hard worker! 💪💪💪
10. I’ve been known to celebrate my husband Craig’s birthday, which is Christmas Day, in July❤️🎂
11. I live in the Wisconsin and love to run in my woods 👣👣👣
12. I never go to the salon. I cut my own hair…. I would rather be on my bicycle than sit inside! 🚲🚲🚲
13. Even though I worked at coffee shops since I was 15 and had a serious mocha addiction, I no longer drink and coffee nor caffeine for that matter. ☕️☕️☕️
14. I haven’t had alcohol for 15 years. 🍸🍸🍸
15. What’s the Strangest Thing I’ve Ever Eaten? Craig traveled all over the World for his previous jobs and one trip to Japan, he brought home dried bird egg that were about the size of a thumb nail and black… totally gross! 🤢
16. Last movie I cried at was Life Itself… I was on a plane and my boys wondered why I was sobbing! 🤣
17. I would love to open a Keto restaurant and serve delicious desserts like Keto tiramisu, creme brûlée’s, fancy chocolates and frozen hot chocolate like Serendipity in New York! 🍦🍮🍩🍰🍨 Pie is better than cake but ice cream is better than pie! Keto ice cream of course 😋 🍦🍦🍦
What are some FUN facts about YOU? Do we have anything in common?
If you would like to check out the Protein Sparing Modified Fasting information I discuss in this video, click HERE.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
*Bye Felicia* to 75+ lbs, many inches, and multiple sizes- EACH! Also, after a year, my ovarian cysts are completely gone and all meds have been decreased to minimal amounts (likely to come completely off soon!) with continued full support by my endocrinologist and RE 🤭
This is absolutely a lifestyle for us and we will not be returning to the standard American diet anytime soon. We have decreased our intake of sugar and increased our consumption of low/non inflammatory WHOLE foods, isn’t that what everyone should be doing? This keto family is happy, beyond belief, to have our health back! #ketofam #ketocouple #em
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!
Click HERE to check out my NEW Keto School!
With the PSMF do you find there are constipation problems?
Nope. Just make sure to add enough salt. 🙂
Thanks for the video! I’ve been eating berries for breakfast after yoga with a little whipped cream ( I make) and a tablespoon of walnuts. My keto strips say I’m in ketosis. As long as I stay in ketosis am I doing fine? And do you still like choco-perfection bars? I stay in ketosis after eating those, too.
If you could post updates on products we have purchased per your recommendation, Stur, and you find out something has changed please let us know!
Thanks so much and enjoy the water!
Blood ketone level have no correlation to results. I would focus on getting macros right.
Love this, thank you! I’ve been drinking Swiss Water decaf coffee … does that raise blood sugar, or just caffeine?
I think you answered this further in the video … 🙂
Just caffeine. 🙂
I have lots of questions lol- protein doesn’t matter, even if it’s higher than ur fat grams? Even if it’s more than 1g of body weight? Cinnamon tea – im feeling like you are going to tell me it has carbs ? 🙂
Correct, protein isn’t to be feared. We write in detail about it in this book.
This video is so helpful! I am guilty of several things you mentioned! But I can fix that! I love your energy, your style, your heart to help people and you always encourage me!!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
P.S. I have been doing keto for two years, lost 80 lbs. and have kept it off! I love it!
Thanks! Great job!!
Maria, thank you for being the wonderful educator that you are! You have been a trusted source as I continue to learn (at 66!) about this way of living I chose 50 weeks ago. I am grateful! (And, smaller!)
Being a land locked prairie girl, I was stressed out the entire time watching you, sure you were drifting out to sea! lol you were 40 minutes from land, on a paddle board, in sharky water??!! EEEK!! I swear I was biting my nails the whole time! lol And I loved every minute of it. You glow with good health, Maria, and your words on kindness are absolute gold. Thank you for everything you do. This was amazing.
Also, I am doing so many things wrong. Lazy Keto and your delicious recipes have got me through 8 years of low carb, and -60 pounds, but it’s harder and harder to keep off, and a few pounds have crept back on. I need to recalibrate and stop fighting change!
I love you! Thanks for sharing all your knowledge! And sharing that Kindness matters!!!!
Thank you for this video !!! I have been feeling quite down on myself for doing things wrong on Keto but I am learning and your help and guidance is so helpful. I will keep plugging along and learning – thank you for all you and Craig do !!
Thank you for the wonderful video!! That was helpful to me. I have been feeling a little overwhelmed working on this Keto journey and was feeling a bit down on myself but this helped pull some things into perspective for me a little bit. Love your energy and am so very grateful for all that you and Craig to help us along. I wish I could be there with you to swim with those whales – that is a life long dream of mine to be able to do that !! One of these days!! xo 😉
Hi Maria! I know that you mentioned Styr water enhancers in your video. Have you tried SweetLeaf Water Drops made with Stevia. Would that fall under being keto friendly?
They are an ok option. 🙂
Thank You for this message great content. I follow Ketoincourt on Instagram and that’s how I found out about you. I’m going to read up in the Autoimmune diease because I have sarcoidosis. Which book of yours would u recommend for me? And again TY♥️
Thanks! This book is a great place to start. 🙂
Hi Maria, will you be offering your 30 day Keto cleanse book as an ebook anytime soon? Thanks!
It is on kindle now. 🙂
I loved your video and was amazed how blue the water was. I’m in Indiana and it’s a sultry 26 degrees. Gotta love the Midwest.
One thing that caught my attention was they you said to not use the psyllium husk powder. It seems to be a main ingredient in most breads and crusts. Did I hear you incorrectly? If not, what should I use I stead of psyllium husk powder?
Yes, psyllium husk powder. Thanks! 🙂