Keto Key Lime Bars
Are you looking for a refreshing keto dessert to bring to your next summer BBQ? One thing that I always do is bring a keto dessert my family loves when we are invited to a BBQ. Being able to enjoy a dessert helped me stay on the keto diet for 20 years. I do not feel deprived when I get to enjoy delicious food like these Keto Key Lime Bars!
I saved a few pieces of the Key Lime Bars and I made Keto Key Lime Bar Ice Cream! Stay tuned for that delicious keto dessert recipe!
I also wanted to mention that a Facebook fan asked me what happened to my aStore. I told her that Amazon.com no longer does aStores which is why I made a helpful list of healthy keto products that I love (like organic butter-flavored coconut oil) and also the supplements that I approve of. All you have to do is click HERE.
- 1 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 1½ cupblanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- CRUST: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8 by 8 square glass pan. In a medium bowl, mix the butter and natural until smooth. Add the almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Use a hand mixer to combine well. This will be a thick cookie crust; press onto bottom of pan using your hands. Place in oven to pre-bake the crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the pre-baked crust and bake for 30-40 minutes or until light golden and filling is set in the middle. Cover with foil if top is getting too dark and center is still not set.
- Place in fridge to cool. The filling will set up in the fridge.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
307 calories, 29g fat, 8g protein, 7g carbs, 3g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I have been following your meal plans since January 2017, I had depression, anxiety, thyroid issues, migraines, and chronic pain (fibromyalgia). This way of eating has resolved all those issues! I have lost 90 lbs and am a much more active, happy, healthier version of myself! Your books help to keep this a fun, interesting way of life. I have all your books and I preordered the Keto Instant Pot Recipes book already!!
Here are all the drugs I am no longer on:
I am so grateful to you and your husband and the advocacy you do for this lifestyle. I am so grateful for all your knowledge and how all your recipes help enable me to make this a lifelong journey!
Me before and after. The important part is how much my life has improved, how happy I am!
Thank you thank you thank you for all you do!!!