Keto Grasshopper Panna Cotta
When I was a little girl, my parents often took me to High View, a restaurant in the small town of Medford, Wisconsin, that has Friday night fish fries. There is a cute little lake out in front where my brother and I would fish until our meal came to the table. After dinner, my parents often let us have nonalcoholic grasshopper drinks. The first taste of this creamy dessert took me back to fishing with my little brother at those Friday night fish fries.
In most mint-flavored recipes, the mint is used to infuse flavor, but to get the most benefit from the healing properties of mint, I puree it into this dessert. This also gives the dessert a lovely green color without the need for artificial dyes, such as those used to make crème de menthe so very green.
HOW TO MAKE GRASSHOPPER PANNA COTTA
Further Food gelatin and collagen peptides are both excellent sources of collagen. Both their Collagen & Gelatin are sourced from the highest quality, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free, and antibiotic free bovine collagen.
The benefits of collagen and gelatin are astounding! Just eating my delicious Protein Sparing Bagels helps support skin elasticity & hydration, longer hair & nails, stronger bones & joints, faster recovery between workouts, increased flexibility, improved digestion, and it even keeps you feeling full and satiated for longer!
Further Food Collagen Peptides dissolve instantly in any recipe, and Gelatin Powder naturally thickens recipes. It’s perfect for making my protein sparing bread have a chewy bread texture! It also makes dairy free ice cream, jello, sugar free gummies, no bake cheesecake, or panna cotta!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY is for 20% off site-wide !
No Bake Grasshopper Panna Cotta
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol (or equivalent)1
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate chopped fine
CREAMY MINT FILLING
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Make the chocolate bottom: Place the coconut milk, sweetener, and vanilla bean seeds in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture is simmering, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until the chocolate is totally melted. Pour 2 tablespoons into each of eight 2-ounce jars or small glasses. Place in the fridge to harden a bit, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Place 1 cup of the coconut milk in a small saucepan. Sprinkle the Further Food gelatin over the milk and stir until dissolved. Add the mint and sweetener(s) and heat the mixture to a bare simmer. Remove from the heat and add the remaining 1½ cups of coconut milk and the salt.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and process until it is extremely smooth and the mint leaves are completely pureed.
- Pour the mint filling over the chocolate bottom in the jars. Garnish with mint leaves and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, until ready to serve.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I cannot thank Maria Wojcik Emmerich enough for all of her knowledge that she has shared with me. I started my journey on July 16, 2018. I had enough. I went to my Dr.’s and stated that I wanted the bariatric bypass surgery if with me doing KETO did not help. I asked her to give me 6 months. My Dr. agreed. She knew as well as I did that I was not healthy.
So, for the first couple of years I followed KETO, then I was hearing how important reading the ingredients were. Well, from then on I stumbled upon Maria.
Her I sight and knowledge about food was unbelievable. She is truly my inspiration. It works, and I have never been as healthy as I am now. For all of this, Maria, I thank you!!!!“ Michele