Keto Creme Brûlée
My husband’s birthday is on Christmas Day!
His FAVORITE dessert is Creme Brûlée! I love that he loves it because it is so easy!
Find delicious recipe ideas for health like this Keto Creme Brûlée in my book: The Art of Healthy Eating: Sweets
I have 2 of my books on sale for almost 30% off! This is the last printing of this book. Go HERE to get your copy.
My Sweets Cookbook is also on sale. It is only $8.99. Go Here to get in on the sale!
Keto Creme Brûlée is a wonderful dessert to serve for someone who is new to keto because the only thing that is changed in the Creme Brûlée recipe is the sweetener!
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 TBS Swerve (or allulose and a drop of stevia glycerite)
- 1 vanilla bean (click HERE to find), or vanilla extract
- 2½ cups heavy cream or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Beat egg yolks and 4 tablespoons Swerve in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy. Pour coconut milk (or cream) and vanilla bean (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract) into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir coconut milk (or cream) into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined. Pour coconut milk (or cream) mixture into the top of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon; approximately 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into a shallow heat-proof dish. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil ORuse a creme brûlée torch like THIS one.
- Sift the remaining sweetener evenly over custard. Place dish under broiler until sweetener melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until custard is set again. Makes 5 servings.
- NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
- Traditional Creme Brulee = 355 calories, 27.4g fat, 4.5g protein, 18g carbs, trace fiber (18g effective carbs)
- Using Heavy Cream = 273 calories, 27.4g fat, 4.5g protein, 2.5g carbs, trace fiber (2.5g effective carbs)
- Using Coconut Milk = 342 calories, 34g fat, 6g protein, 7.4g carbs, 2.5g fiber (4.9 effective carbs)
Traditional Creme Brulee = 355 calories, 27.4g fat, 4.5g protein, 18g carbs, trace fiber
Using Heavy Cream = 273 calories, 27.4g fat, 4.5g protein, 1.5g carbs, trace fiber
Using Coconut Milk = 342 calories, 34g fat, 6g protein, 5.4g carbs, 2.5g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Here is a photo of all the medications I am NO LONGER taking!!! I had depression, anxiety, thyroid issues, migraines, and chronic pain (fibromyalgia). You and your recipes resolved all those issues! I have lost 90 lbs and am a much more active, happy, healthier version of myself! You have helped to keep this a fun, interesting way of life. I have all your books and preorder the new ones when you announce them!
I am so grateful to you and your husband and the advocacy you do for this lifestyle. I am so grateful for all your knowledge, time, kindness and how all your recipes help enable me to make this a lifelong journey!
The important part is how much my life has improved, how happy I am!
Thank you thank you thank you for all you do!!!
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!