Keto Cheetos Sweetos
TESTIMONIES OF THE DAY
Our New Keto-Cleanse package contains all new recipes not published anywhere else! Check out the feedback on the roast recipe:
“Thank you Maria!
One year of eating Keto Adapted and I’ve reached a new milestone. I’ve been wanting to get below 200 lbs since I started and today’s the day! I’ve now lost 76 lbs since starting in late February 2014.
Woohoo!!” – Kurt
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!
Click HERE to check out my supplement plans!
Keto Cheetos Sweetos
You know I love listening to cooking podcasts on my long morning jogs and on one particular podcast they were discussing new foods on the market. One of which was a Red Velvet Oreo, which I thought of re-creating my Oreo recipe which is in my Combined cookbook The Art of Healthy Eating, but they also discussed that Cheetos is now making a “Sweet Cheeto” called “Sweetos.” I have a traditional Cheeto recipe that is a total hit (which can also be found in this cookbook).
These may seem tedious, but they are totally fun and worth it. The sweet and savory flavor profile makes these a perfect snack to pack on the go!
Keto Cheetos Sweetos
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese frozen
- 1/4 cup Natural Sweetener
- 2 TBS ground cinnamon Ceylon cinnamon recommended
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put the frozen cheese in a food processor/blender and chop, until it's in tiny little pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the whites with cream of tartar until VERY stiff peaks form. Sprinkle the natural sweetener and cinnamon, on top of the egg whites. Then, with a rubber spatula, fold into the egg whites, VERY CAREFULLY, being careful not to disturb the fluffy whites, but thoroughly spread the cheese, throughout.
- Carefully place the mixture into a large Ziplock baggie, cut a ½ inch hole in the corner of baggie. Gently squeeze onto cookie sheet in CHEETO-like shapes. I would suggest using a sheet of parchment baking paper, to line your pan, but if you don't...grease the pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees, for 20-30 minutes. The longer you can bake them (without them getting too brown), the crispier they will be. For even crispier puffs, turn off the oven, and leave them in the oven for at least 30-minutes. Store in a tightly sealed, air-tight container.
Store Bought Cheetos = 150 calories, 10g fat, 2g protein, 13g carbs, 0.5g fiber (12.5g effective carbs)
"Healthified" Cheetos = 46 calories, 3.1g fat, 4.2g protein, trace carbs, 0g fiber (0g effective carbs)
I cannot wait to try these, Maria! I have the 3-in-1 cookbook and have yet to try the original recipe. This was my favorite junk food as a young teen and I’m so looking forward to making the healthified version!!!
I’m not much for mixing cheese and cinnamon. If I left the sweet part out would they just be Cheetos?
I have that recipe here. 🙂
Yesterday on TV, I saw a news story on Peeps brand milk in 3 flavors, and one of them was marshmallow. My first and only thought was, “Ewwww–DISGUSTING!” PLEASE please don’t try to re-create that!!
Here’s what I’m talking about: http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/peeps-flavored-milk-coming-grocery-store/story?id=29413199
Cheetos has always been a ‘guilty pleasure’ secret in my life.
Now I don’t have to feel guilty about my Sweetos.
Your book The Art of Healthy Eating and Savory Sweet Kids
arrived two days ago. I LOVE THIS BOOK AND ALL THE PICTURES.
Thanks Maria for all that you do for healthy eating.
You’d have to work fast with stuff egg whites, I take it? So that they don’t “melt”? Also Maria, do you personally count total carbs at this point?
Yes. I don’t count anything since I am in maintenance and I just know what to eat. 🙂
My daughter loves these! I’m in the process of making the original recipe first!! If the kids like them we’ll make the sweetos next 🙂
Question…I’m trying to find information on breastfeeding and ketosis and not having a lot of luck….
What are your thoughts on this topic? I’m currently nursing a 4 month old.
Thanks for all the recipes and info, a staple in my home is your english muffins, even my three year old loves them.
Breastfeeding while in ketosis is great. I have had many mothers that were in ketosis all through pregnancy and breastfeeding and had the best pregnancy of their life. 🙂
So excited about this as a substitute for the Trader Joe’s Chicago Style popcorn mix that my husband has become addicted to; And I just happen to have a bunch of egg whites saved! Perfect timing. Thanks Maria!
Would goat cheese work as a substitute for the cheddar? I’m excited to try this recipe!
That should work as long as it is low moisture. 🙂