Keto Cheetos Sweetos
TESTIMONIES OF THE DAY
Our New Keto-Cleanse package contains all new recipes not published anywhere else! Check out the feedback on the roast recipe:
“Thank you Maria!
One year of eating Keto Adapted and I’ve reached a new milestone. I’ve been wanting to get below 200 lbs since I started and today’s the day! I’ve now lost 76 lbs since starting in late February 2014.
Woohoo!!” – Kurt
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!
Keto Cheetos Sweetos
You know I love listening to cooking podcasts on my long morning jogs and on one particular podcast they were discussing new foods on the market. One of which was a Red Velvet Oreo, which I thought of re-creating my Oreo recipe which is in my Combined cookbook The Art of Healthy Eating, but they also discussed that Cheetos is now making a “Sweet Cheeto” called “Sweetos.” I have a traditional Cheeto recipe that is a total hit (which can also be found in this cookbook).
These may seem tedious, but they are totally fun and worth it. The sweet and savory flavor profile makes these a perfect snack to pack on the go!
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese (frozen)
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 TBS cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon recommended)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put the frozen cheese in a food processor/blender and chop, until it's in tiny little pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the whites with cream of tartar until VERY stiff peaks form. Sprinkle the natural sweetener and cinnamon, on top of the egg whites. Then, with a rubber spatula, fold into the egg whites, VERY CAREFULLY, being careful not to disturb the fluffy whites, but thoroughly spread the cheese, throughout.
- Carefully place the mixture into a large Ziplock baggie, cut a ½ inch hole in the corner of baggie. Gently squeeze onto cookie sheet in CHEETO-like shapes. I would suggest using a sheet of parchment baking paper, to line your pan, but if you don't...grease the pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees, for 20-30 minutes. The longer you can bake them (without them getting too brown), the crispier they will be. For even crispier puffs, turn off the oven, and leave them in the oven for at least 30-minutes. Store in a tightly sealed, air-tight container.
Store Bought Cheetos = 150 calories, 10g fat, 2g protein, 13g carbs, 0.5g fiber (12.5g effective carbs)
"Healthified" Cheetos = 46 calories, 3.1g fat, 4.2g protein, trace carbs, 0g fiber (0g effective carbs)