This is a fun dessert to serve when you are in a pinch!
I made the keto puffs a week ahead of time and kept in the freezer. I also made the caramel a few days ahead. All I had to do was whip some fresh cream fill the puffs and top with keto caramel.
Here is a video showing how to make the keto caramel sauce!
Keto Caramel Cream Puffs
- 1 cup heavy cream or Kite Hill cream cheese with 2 tablespoons cashew milk if dairy free
- 4 TBS Natural Sweetener or to taste
KETO CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup allulose
- 6 TBS salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- To make the keto puffs, Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a bowl, whip egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until peaks are very stiff (about 5 minutes). Slowly mix in protein powder. In separate bowl, blend cream cheese and stevia. Gently fold in the cream cheese mixture into the stiff egg whites. (Save yolks for a different recipe:)
- Grease a cookie sheet or a medium size muffin tin. Form 24 balls that are about 1 1/2 inches round. Bake for 10-15 minutes (or until golden brown). Remove pans from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Once completely cool, use a knife to cut a small hole in the puffs to insert the cream filling.
- To make the cream filling, place the cream into a large cool bowl and whip the cream with a hand mixer until very fluffy. Slowly add in the sweetener to your liking. Place in a large Ziplock bag, cut a small hole in the corner and use to fill the puffs.
- To make the keto caramel, before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go - the cream and the butter next to the pan, ready to put in. If you don't work fast, the sweetener will burn. Heat butter on high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2-quart or 3-quart saucepan. As soon as it comes to a boil, watch for specks of brown (this is brown butter....SO GOOD on veggies!). Immediately add the natural sweetener and the cream to the pan. Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then pour into a glass mason jar and let sit to cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Use to drizzle all over the keto puffs just before serving. You can also top with my keto chocolate.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I hit my one year keto-versary! I’ve had Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and for years I suffered from unexplained weight gain, intense food cravings, sleep disturbances, anxiety & depression, brain fog, decreased motivation, debilitating joint pain with decreased mobility, irregular menses, gastrointestinal upset with heartburn, and low libido despite being in the prime of my life.
At 34-years-old, I felt completely helpless when my health continued to decline despite adding medication and being told lab work was ‘within normal limits’. I refused to accept this and spent the next 5 years researching and implementing multiple diet and exercise regimens that were not sustainable, to include dirty keto, which left me feeling defeated once more.
Finally, last year I came across Keto Adapted – Maria Emmerich and the principles of a clean ketogenic diet and she has changed my life!
Within 5 months, all of the symptoms listed above…..GONE,
and thyroid antibodies decreased from 800 to 86!
I cannot thank you enough for sharing this information, the world needs to know they don’t have to stay SICK!!!” – Sarah