Thank you to all of you who voted! I was voted Keto Spokesperson of the YEAR! I feel very honored!
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Did you hear the news? I have a new cookbook out called Keto Instant Pot Recipes book! But this is not just any Instant Pot cookbook. This keto cookbook has almost 200 recipes with BOTH Instant Pot directions AND slow cooker directions! I also started an Instagram account on my favorite Keto Instant Pot Recipes and giveaways called @KetoInstantPotRecipes!
If you do not have an Instant Pot yet, I have to tell you, I am not a gadget girl and I adore my slow cooker. I like the idea of filling my slow cooker the night before, place the shell in the fridge overnight and turning it on in the morning and allow the meal to cook while I am working or exploring nature all day. However, the Instant Pot was easy to fall in love with. It is also a slow cooker! And on days when I forget to plan ahead, I can make a delicious meal in minutes. Click HERE to find the Instant Pot I love.
This recipe is a fantastic recipe to make for a celebration such as an anniversary, birthday or Valentine’s Day! It is a perfect date night dessert, simple, creamy and a perfect size for 2 people to enjoy!
– Tip: trade out your savoy sealing ring and put the one reserved for sweets.
– Tip: When removing the lid do so carefully to avoid dripping water onto the cheesecake. Dab any water on the top of the cake with a piece of paper towel.
If you are looking for the Instant Pot I recommend or the Top Gadget for your Instant Pot, click HERE.
Since we never really eat the crust anyway, we made this easy Instant Pot Cheesecake crust-less! If you crave a crunch, you could always top your piece with crushed nuts if desired.
OR you could use this crust recipe BUT you will want to use a larger springform pan:
31⁄2 tablespoons butter
11⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1⁄3 cup Swerve confectioners or equivalent
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
To make the crust: melt the butter or oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly add the chopped chocolate to the warm butter or oil, stirring constantly (don’t let the chocolate burn). When the chocolate is melted, add the sweetener, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Press the crust batter into the pan.
Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 6 ounces cream cheese Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free, softened
- 1/2 cup Natural Sweetener see page 24
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream if nut-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 egg white
- STRAWBERRY GANACHE:
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 tablespoons Natural Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite or a few drops strawberry stevia
- Strawberries stems removed and cut in half
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
- 4- inch springform pan
- Make a tinfoil hammock for the dish to sit on in the Instant Pot or slow cooker while baking. Take a 2 1/2 feet by 2 1/2 feet piece of foil and fold one edge up in 2 inch increments. Keep folding until you have a 2 1/2 feet by 2 inch piece of foil. Set the foil hammock onto a steamer rack into the Instant Pot with the long edges hanging out. Use to lower the pan into the Instant Pot. This allows for easy lifting out of the Instant Pot.
- NOTE: Keep the foil hammock for future recipes where you want to lift out a dish or ramekins.
- Line the sides and the bottom of a 4 by 4 inch cheesecake pan with parchment paper for an easier removal.
- To make the Filling, in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sweetener, almond milk, vanilla, and salt until well blended. Add the egg white, mixing on low speed. Combine until very smooth. Pour the batter into the pan. Fill the pan with filling. Gently tap the cheesecake pan against the counter to let the air bubbles rise to the surface.
- INSTANT POT: Place trivet in a 6 quart Instant Pot and add 1 cup cold water. Make a tinfoil hammock for the cheesecake to sit on in the Instant Pot. Seal and press Manual for 13 minutes, once finished press Natural Release. Gently open the lid. Use the foil hammock to lift the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot.
- SLOW COOKER: Add 1 cup cold water into a slow cooker. Place filled cheesecake pan into the slow cooker. Make sure the foil is tight enough around the pan so water doesn’t leak in. Place 3 large sheets of paper towel onto the cheesecake so condensation doesn’t leak onto the cheesecake. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Turn off slow cooker and leave cheesecake in the slow cooker 1 more hour.
- SERVE: Let the cheesecake cool completely in the pan before removing. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. Once chilled, make the strawberry ganache by placing all of the ganache ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour over chilled cheesecake and garnish with strawberries halves around the bottom of the cheesecake.
269 calories, 26g fat, 4g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 0.1
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I kept the pants. This is the last time you see my carb butt!”
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!
The crust ingredients are not included in the recipe, just in the directions.
I pre-ordered this book and am so excited! I am confused though on this recipe, you didn’t include the crust ingredients and there is no mention of the chocolate that is to be added to the cheesecake filling. I’m confused!
Cannot seem to find the chopped chocolate mentioned in the directions in the ingredients list.
or any of the other crust ingredients
The new book is available in Dec? Or is it out now?
I’m confused on the amounts of unsalted butter and unsweetened chocolate needed for the crust: 31/2 ? and 11/2 ????? Can someone translate for me?
Okay WHAT you can make desserts in the I stant pot?! Can I try this in the slow cooker??
This sound delicious. I’m definitely going to give this recipe a try this weekend. Wish you could have this kind of deserts ready-made, though. I’ve tried a couple of brands with ready-made keto-friendly desert recipes before, but haven’t found anything good yet. I am thinking about this brand that’s got relatively good reviews – bit.ly/ketodietfoodreview. I know that you prefer homemade deserts (obviously). But have you ever tried one of those “ready-made” deserts before? Or have you had a chance to try this brand yet? Not sure whether it would be nearly as yummy as this cheescake though 🙂
there are directions for the slow cooker included
Hi Maria … I don’t see the quantity of chopped chocolate for the filling O_~ !!!
1) How much chocolate goes into the filling? (As of 8:30 p.m. EST this information is not listed.)
2) There are no instructions for the Strawberry Ganache. Am I supposed to know what to do? (I don’t).
I hope the book is edited better than this recipe.
Would love to see a video on making this recipe 🙂
Thank you for updating the crust ingredients. I’m still not seeing the butter/chocolate from the filling instructions listed in the filling ingredient list. Thank you!
If you have an 8 quart instant pot and a 7 inch spring form could you double the recipe and have the same results?
Hey Maria! A HUGE congratulations on being voted Keto Spokesperson of the YEAR!! Yahooo!! No surprise though – you’re so generous with spreading the Keto word, sharing your story, and walking the talk 💕
And I LOVE my Instant Pot – I can’t wait for your cookbook oh boy – I’ve pre-ordered it on Amazon!!! I’ve made cheesecakes in it before but mmmm this sounds gooood. Thanks Maria!!
First of all congratulations! Second, will the book be available as an online version or just hard copy for now? Thank you!
Thanks! It will be in ebook once it launches. 🙂
I don’t think most people’s replies are for this recipe? STRAWBERRY not choc?