Easy Pizza Dutch Baby
If you love pizza, you are going to LOVE my recipe for Pizza Dutch Baby pancakes!
A Dutch Baby is a fluffy baked pancake usually made with eggs and flour. I made mine basically zero carb by replacing the flour with egg white powder!
My Pizza Dutch Baby recipe is really easy to make and reminds me of a deep dish pizza!
To make my AMAZING Easy Pizza Dutch Baby, I used Primal Kitchen sugar free pizza sauce!
Primal Kitchen pizza sauce is the BEST pizza sauce I have ever tried! If you want to get your children to cut out the sugar, I highly suggest trying Primal Kitchen’s pizza sauce! Primal Kitchen pizza sauce tastes just like the pizza sauce I remembered as a kid!
It is shocking where sugar is hidden! The majority of the sugar we eat isn’t even known! Sugar is usually hidden in pizza sauce!
Another thing I love about Primal Kitchen Pizza Sauce is that they do not use seed oils in any of their products!
Pizza sauce often contains vegetable oils like soybean or canola oil. I feel good opening a jar of Primal Kitchen knowing that I am feeding my kids a Pizza sauce made with avocado oil and no added sugar!
CLICK HERE and use code MARIA for 20% off all Primal Kitchen products!
Easy Pizza Dutch Baby
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetarian broth
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Pizza Sauce plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup unflavored egg white protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pizza or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real garlic salt or plain salt
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese or Nutritional Yeast (omit for PSMF ratios)
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado oil
- Place an 8 inch cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F (400 degrees F in convection ovens). Make sure the skillet preheats and gets very hot otherwise the Dutch Baby won't puff up.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, broth, Primal Kitchen pizza sauce, protein powder, seasoning, baking powder, and salt. Blend for about 1 minute or until foamy.
- Using an oven mitt, remove the skillet from the oven and place the avocado oil into the skillet. Swirl the skillet to coat the inside of the skillet.
- Pour the batter into the skillet.
- If desired, Sprinkle with Parmesan or Nutritional Yeast.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the pancake is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the oven, spread additional pizza sauce onto the Pizza Dutch Baby, cut into wedges and enjoy!
192 calories, 9g fat, 22g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 1.8
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I just have to extend my abundant gratitude! I’ve been following a ketogenic diet for 6+ years and have learned everything I know from Keto Adapted – Maria Emmerich and Craig Emmerich. I cannot believe all the knew knowledge I’m gaining following PSMF (Protein Sparing) days. I’m beyond grateful and excited to continue my journey and quest for optimal health and wellness!” – Allison
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!
Click HERE to check out my supplement plans!
Can I substitute Whey powder for Egg powder?
Sorry, it won’t work.
Would this work with an enameled cast iron skillet?
It should 🙂
What can you use if you don’t have a cast iron skillet? Can you use a heated pizza stone or 8” pie plate
A pizza stone wouldn’t work because the batter would spill everywhere. I’m not sure about a pie pan.
Will this scale this to a #10 cast iron pan for a full sized family pizza? If so what factor 2x ? 3x. Thanks 😊
If you are wanting to make a family-sized Dutch Baby I recommend using a 12 inch cast iron and double the recipe 🙂