Easy Klondike Bars
I love ice cream! Everyone always asks what I eat in a day and ketogenic ice cream is something I enjoy every darn day! No lie! I usually have a scoop of my Malted Milk Ice Cream, but if you do not have an ice cream maker, these Easy Klondike Bars are a fantastic ice cream treat.
Klondike Bars has a wonderful minty ice cream filling with a chocolate coating that is sure to satisfy. You may wonder why I even allow treats on a ketogenic diet. You want to know why? Food is pleasure and I love food. If I didn’t allow myself to have a little treat I wouldn’t have been able to stick to a ketogenic diet for a decade. I have no problem saying no to desserts filled with sugar because I know when I get home I can enjoy a tasty treat at home that won’t make me feel awful or disappointed with myself. Diet does not have to be deprivation.
Easy Klondike Bars
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled
- 1 cup cream cheese softened (or Kite Hill brand if dairy free)
- ¼ cup Natural Sweetener or equivalent (to desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Chocolate Coating:
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or coconut cream: top part of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Natural Sweetener
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean scraped clean or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Garnish with Mint Leaves
- Place the heavy cream in a chilled bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Add in the softened cream cheese, natural sweetener and vanilla; combine until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a bendable chocolate mold(I used this muffin pan and placed it on a cookie sheet for stability). Place in freezer until frozen.
- To make chocolate coating, place the cream, chopped chocolate and natural sweetener in a double boiler or in a heat safe bowl over simmering water. Heat on low heat while stirring just until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Add in the vanilla bean seeds.
- Dip frozen ice cream bites into chocolate, return to wax paper, and place in freezer to set.
Traditional Klondike Bar = 488 calories, 35.7g fat, 6.2g protein, 35.7 carbs, 0.2g fiber
“Healthified” Klondike Bar = 148 calories, 15.2g fat, 2.4g protein, 2.4g carbs, 0.8g fiber