I LOVE sauces! So figuring out carnivore-friendly sauces was essential for me to make eating carnivore enjoyable for myself but also all of you! One thing that isn’t allowed on carnivore is vinegar. Yep! It’s from a grain, sometimes apples as well as other non-approved carnivore products. So, I wanted to use up some vinegar I had in my pantry. This is still a great low carb/Keto recipe if you are not a strict level one carnivore. This Cheddar Vinaigrette would be considered Level 4 carnivore. If you want to make this carnivore-approved, sub carnivore broth in place of vinegar (carnivore broth is homemade bone broth made without vegetables or herbs).
If you would like to learn more about carnivore, I have a new carnivore course FILLED with tons of recipes, meal plans, tips and tricks, weekly meetings with me, PLUS much much more! Click HERE to check it out!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup bone broth (I used Kettle and Fire Beef Broth)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or more broth for level 3 carnivore)
- Place the butter in a saucepan over high heat while whisking often. Heat while whisking often until the butter froths up and brown flecks appear.
- Lower heat to low. Add the cheddar, broth and vinegar. Whisk until cheese is melted. Use a stick blender (or place into a blender) and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Use over a salad, hamburger or your favorite meat.
- Store extras in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, place in a saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes while whisking occasionally. Heat gently or it will separate.
104 calories, 11g fat, 2g protein, 0.3g carbs, 0g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I just want to say thank you! I’m having my first cycle naturally in I don’t know how long. YEARS! I have PCOS and my Dr put me on birth control at 16 so I would have regular cycles to “help” my PCOS. I wish I had known about The Ketogenic life way back then!
After getting married 8 years ago I stopped taking birth control to try to conceive. When I stopped BC my cycle didn’t return. 10 months later my OB decided to start me on fertility meds that forced me to have cycles. Between fertility treatments I never had cycles on my own. I conceived my son on my last fertility treatment cycle that I was able to afford and was blessed with my miracle baby. Since recovering from his birth in November of 2015, I haven’t had a cycle on my own. I started fertility treatments in November or 2016 which gave me cycles, and unfortunately miscarried twice between December and April.
Since April I haven’t had a period, but almost a month into your meal plans in The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse my cycle started on it’s own!!! This is such great news for me, my PCOS and my fertility.
I also have more energy, better skin, sleeping much better and I’m so much happier. I didn’t realize how sad I really was and I know that changing my diet has helped with that mental shift to happiness and self love. I can not thank you enough for sharing your passion with the world. I’m so thankful I found your website last year which started me on this path to health and wellness. I’ve also dropped 15 pounds this past month as well which is an added bonus! Thank you for helping me find me again!” Laura