TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
30 Day Keto Advanced Testimony: “Good morning Maria! I just wanted to check in and say hi and tell you that I am loving all the keto advanced recipes..:) I am eating eggs and bacon as I write this with your hollandaise sauce So I think I am of the 1% that won’t loose the weight till later…I have more energy, no PMS symptoms at all and though the scale says I have only lost 3 pounds in almost 3 weeks, I feel totally different..the biggest gift is my blood sugar has totally regulated! Morning or night its 84-86..this is amazing..used to be 130’s.” – Heidi
If I owned a large corporation I would have my employees play outside during the day. I always have the best ideas when I am ‘meditating’ in nature! As I was kayaking the other day I was thinking of what other recipes I could do with the ever popular Crispy Fat Bombs I have been making and I BAM! It came to me! BUTTERFINGER BARS!
Yep, they really are as good as they sound!
I thought about making them really cute candy bar shaped, but doing it this way made them super easy! All you have to do is dump the filling into a container and spread the chocolate over the top!
Next on the list… BUTTERFINGER BLIZZARD and I am baking a BUTTERFINGER CHEESECAKE as I write!
Here to good eating!
- CRUNCHY INSIDE:
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 teaspoons butterscotch extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup butter (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners (or erythritol )
- 1 tsp stevia glycerite (optional)
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 6 TBS butter (or coconut oil)
- 4 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 TBS of Swerve confectioner
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- CRUNCHY INSIDE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the natural sweetener, extracts and coconut oil with a fork until small crumbs form.
- Place on the baking sheet and spread into a thin sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- The candy hardens as it cools. Once cool, crush into tiny bits.
- NOUGAT: Meanwhile make the nougat. In a heat safe medium bowl place ¼ cup of butter, ¼ cup sweetener and stevia if using, cream cheese, ¼ cup natural peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and heat until soft and stir able (I heated in microwave for 1 minute). Stir until well combined.
- Add the nugget to the tiny bits of crispy fat bomb. Stir well. Pour into a 4 x 4 inch glass Tupperware container lined with Parchment paper. Smooth over the top. Place in fridge to set.
- CHOCOLATE COATING: Make the chocolate coating by melting coconut oil over low heat. Stir in chocolate, natural sweeteners, extracts and salt until completely melted.
- Once the nugget is cool spread the chocolate over the top. Place back in fridge to set. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Traditional Butterfinger = 275 calories, 11g fat, 3.2g protein, 44g carbs
“Healthified” Butterfinger = 254 calories, 26.4g fat, 3.7g protein, 3.2g carbs
(91% fat, 5% protein, 4% carbs)