Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
You all know that I would rather be on my outside enjoying nature rather than driving to the store and waiting in line to get groceries! That is why I get just about everything mailed to my front door and my favorite delivery twice a month is Butcherbox!
I want to give you guys a chance to try it out, so as a special gift to my followers for a limited time only, click here to sign up and you get FREE 2 pounds 100% grass-fed ground beef FOR LIFE.
If you love your first month and want to continue your subscription you’ll get 2 free pounds of ground beef in every single box you receive, for the life of your subscription.
If you are looking for the BEST meatloaf recipe, you must try this Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf!
Bacon lovers will swoon over this amazing meatloaf recipe! I made this Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf dairy and nut free to help with weight loss and macro targets! Make sure to get your macros done on my free calculator HERE.
When I was little, I dreaded meatloaf night. I probably would have liked it if I would have given it a chance, but seriously, I think the name turned me off. I love meatloaf now. It’s like a gigantic hamburger. Who wouldn’t want that? I am officially renaming meatloaf “Gigantic Hamburger Loaf!”
Instead of using bread crumbs or cracker crumbs in my Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, I use finely chopped mushrooms and powdered pork rinds (or powdered Parmesan cheese if you aren’t dairy free) …oh, so much more flavor and a lot more nutrients! Mushrooms and Parmesan have an “umami” property. Taking its name from Japanese, umami is a ‘savory’ taste that comes from glutamate, a type of amino acid, and ribonucleotides, including inosinate and guanylate, which are found naturally in foods such as meat, fish, vegetables and some dairy products. As the taste of umami itself is subtle and blends well with other tastes to expand and round out flavors, most people don’t recognize umami when they encounter it, but it plays an important role in making food taste delicious. So here is a super flavorful way to make keto meatloaf.
We recorded a YouTube video making my Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf!
Click HERE to subscribe to our keto YouTube Channel and tell your friends! Its a FREE and fun way to learn keto!
It is hard to find bacon without sugar and if you do, it is really expensive! That is why I order Pederson’s Farms bacon! Click HERE to get sugar-free bacon!
- 2 pounds Pederson's Farms ground beef
- 1 cup powdered pork rinds (or powdered Parmesan cheese)
- ½ cup diced button mushrooms (for moisture)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons Redmond Real salt
- 2 teaspoons Primal Kitchen Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices Pederson's Farms Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bacon onto a large piece of parchment paper. Weave the bacon. Under, over, under, over to make it look like a checker board. Lift the parchment with the square of weaved bacon into a 9 by 5 inch meatloaf pan.
- Place the beef, powdered pork rinds, diced mushrooms, onion, egg, salt, mustard and pepper into a large bowl. Use your hands to combine well. Place the mixture into the bacon weave in the pan. Fold the bacon in a weave over the meatloaf mixture. Pull the meatloaf out of the pan and place it on a wire rack over a baking sheet with edges (to catch the baking grease).
- Place it in the oven to cook for 45 to 55 minutes or until bacon is crisp on the outside and meatloaf is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a baking dish in a preheated 350°F oven for a few minutes or until warmed through
398 calories, 28g fat, 34g protein, 1g carbs, 0.2g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!