The BEST French Silk Pie
The holidays are fast approaching! When I think of the holidays, I often remember my Grandma Rosemary picking up pies from the Perkin’s. She would get a few French Silk pies. I think that was her favorite pie!
If French Silk Pie is your favorite holiday dessert, you must try my recipe because it is the BEST keto pie you will ever have! The brown butter gives the filling an extra boost of caramelly goodness!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST KETO FRENCH SILK PIE
To make the best French Silk Pie, I added Further Food chocolate collagen! Further Food collagen is super tasty and adds an extra layer of chocolaty goodness to my French Silk Pie!
Skip Perkin’s French Silk pie and make my keto recipe that is packed with healthy collagen!
Did you know that 1/3 of your body is made up of collagen and after menopause, you lose 30%? This is why building collagen before you lose it is so essential to good health and great skin!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY to save!
The BEST French Silk Pie
FRENCH SILK FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cup allulose (or equivalent powdered sweetener)
- 2 scoops Further Food Hazelnut Collagen (or chocolate collagen)
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1/8 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup butter flavored coconut oil (or butter if not dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch pie pan. In a medium bowl, place all the ingredients and use a hand mixer to combine until well mixed. Press into the bottom of the greased pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set in the fridge to cool while you make the filling.
FRENCH SILK FILLING
- Place the chopped chocolate, sweeteners, Further Food collagen, eggs, salt and vanilla into a blender and puree until smooth.
- If using butter, make brown butter: Place the butter into a large saucepot and heat over high heat while whisking often until brown flecks appear (this is brown butter). Remove from the heat. If using coconut oil, place the coconut oil into a large saucepot over high heat. Once the oil is hot and melted, remove from the heat.
- Remove the opening in the top of the blender and slowly add the hot brown butter (or coconut oil) into the egg mixture. The heat will cook the eggs. Once all the brown butter is in the blender, place the top back onto the blender and puree until very smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Once the crust is cool, pour the filling into the crust.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream. Click HERE to find the whipped cream canister we LOVE!
- Store in the fridge for 4 hours before serving to allow the filling to chill.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Early 2017 I was sick all the time, on many medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, migraines, arthritis, and every metabolic issues there is. At 410 lbs I was miserable, tired, and barely surviving. I started keto with my Dr’s suggestion and never looked back.
I thought I would lose a little weight and fail like I did at every diet I ever tried. But this time it was different. I was not hungry and losing weight without exercising.
Then I found Craig & Maria Emmerich in early 2018 and their knowledge and information helped me fine tune my eating lifestyle.
I lost 270 lbs and went from a size 6x to a medium. I have maintained my weight loss for 15 months and continue to build muscle and work on body composition.
Keto saved my life, reversed all my health issues and got me off all the medications except for a small dose of thyroid med.
I’m so thankful to Craig & Maria for their Information and knowledge and amazing delicious recipes!” -Twila