My client Laura wanted me to share her testimony:
“Before I met Maria, I felt lost when it came to food! I had read so many conflicting reports the only foods I felt “safe” eating were fruits and vegetables! I was ALWAYS hungry within the hour of eating, so I was ALWAYS eating! I would “crash” quickly and feel distracted and nervous until I could eat my next “meal.” I allowed myself to eat only a few nuts and/or nut butter, a teeny tiny amount of cheese and a few bites of meat (I was terrified of all of the warnings of high fat and calories of these foods). FOOD WAS A MAJOR STRESS IN MY LIFE!!! After learning the facts about nutrition from Maria, my life has changed dramatically!!!!
1. I am so calm and happy!
2. I LOVE food and eating and preparing my food!
3. I always feel so satisfied and satiated after eating. I have no trouble going hours without food! (I never dreamed that to be a possibility)
4. I LOVE my body! I feel so good about myself and feel so healthy!
5. My periods are finally healthy and normal (a big change!).
6. My hair and nails grow so quickly! My hair also feels thicker.
7. My grocery bill has decreased dramatically! I used to spend $150.00 a week buying organic fruits and vegetables (several bags to sustain me throughout the week! I was eating sometimes 4 or 5 bananas a day!). Now I don’t even need to go to the store! I’ve estimated an annual savings of at least $2,000 possibly more!
8. I am so happy not having to go to the store every week! It is so much less stressful!
9. My favorite preparation of meat is the crock-pot…cannot get any easier than that!!!”
10. My triglycerides are 14!”
To get started on your transformation, click HERE. http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/my-services/
VITAMIN D FACTS
Are you using fat free salad dressing? Well, did you know that vitamins A, D, E and K are FAT-SOLUBLE vitamins? You can’t absorb these vitamins without a fat, which is why fortifying skim milk with vitamin D is a waste of money! I have so many clients deficient in vitamin D. Could our low fat diets be the problem? Taking a vitamin d supplement with a bowl of cereal and skim milk will NOT let the vitamin D absorb into the bloodstream.
Having low vitamin d levels can effect us in so many ways. Here are just a few:
1. Last year it was proven that vitamin D deficiency is likely to be a major factor for the development of type one diabetes in children.
2. Activated vitamin D in the adrenal gland regulates tyrosine hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme essential for the production of dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. Check out Secrets to Your Weight Cravings and Mood for more information.
3. Low vitamin D contributes to chronic fatigue and depression.
4. Insulin resistance is one of the major factors not only leading to the cancers, but also to the number one killer in the US, heart disease. Northern countries have higher levels of heart disease and more heart attacks occur in the winter months (when our vitamin D levels plummet).
5. Infertility is associated with low vitamin D, and PMS has been completely reversed by addition of magnesium and vitamin D.
6. Progression of degenerative arthritis of the knee and hip is faster in people with lower vitamin D levels.
7. Autoimmune Disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroiditis and Crohn’s disease have all been linked with low vitamin D levels.
8. Obesity: Vitamin D has recently been shown to lower leptin secretion. Leptin is a hormone produced by fat cells and isinvolved in weight regulation. It is thought that the hormone signals the brain when fat cells are “full.”
To read more check out Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism.
Not only that, I’ve tried fat free ranch dressing in my past life…it tastes terrible, no wonder why people don’t like salads. You need a great dressing to jazz up the veggies. Fat free dressings are nothing but sugar and corn syrup.
I am more like you than you realize… you can find me opening a Kettle and Fire organic beef broth instead of making my own broth quite often.
Kettle & Fire have setup a special deal for our followers. Get $10 off your first order! Just CLICK HERE to get this great deal!
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (Kite Hill if dairy free)
1 cup chicken or beef broth (homemade bone broth is best)
1/2 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp Celtic salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
In a blender or a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, broth, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving (it will thicken up as it rests). Add more broth if it is too thick. Makes 16 servings.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Traditional Ranch = 153 calories, 1.1 carbs, 0 fiber
KRAFT Fat Free Ranch = 50 calories, 11 carbs, 0 fiber
“Healthified” Ranch = 51 calories, 5g fat, 1.2g protein, 0.5 carbs, 0 fiber (87% fat, 10% protein, 4% carbs)