My suggestion is to make a triple batch of these Protein Waffles and keep in your freezer for an easy breakfast. Just pop one in the toaster like you would the chemical-filled Eggo Waffle.
1 cup almond flour
1 cup vanilla egg white or whey protein (Jay Robb)
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 TBS aluminum free baking powder
1 cup vanilla almond milk
4 TBS butter or coconut oil, melted
Preheat waffle iron to high. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry. Let sit for 5 minutes. Bake according to your waffle iron directions (I spray my waffle iron with THIS coconut oil spray). Enjoy! Makes 5 servings.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Traditional Waffle = 247 calories, 27 carbs, 0.7g fiber
“Healthified” Waffle = 182 calories calories, 3.5 carbs, 1.5g fiber
XYLITOL occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables and is even produced by the human body during normal metabolism. Manufacturers make it from plants such as birch and other hard wood trees and fibrous vegetation. Some people prefer the taste of xylitol.
CALORIES = 2.4 calories/gram; 1 tsp has 9.6 calories and 1 tsp of sugar has 15 calories (40% fewer calories and 75% less sugar than table sugar)
SWEETNESS = Same as table sugar. Use cup for cup.
1. Reduces Cavities: It does not break down like sugar and keeps a neutral pH level in the mouth. Sugar produces an acidic environment in the mouth, which increases bacteria and weakens the enamel protecting the teeth. Xylitol prevents bacteria from sticking to the teeth, which protects the teeth from tooth decay. After eating xylitol, acid-producing bacteria falls as much as 90%, therefore the bacteria can’t stick to the surface of the teeth which decrease plaque buildup.
2. Reduces Ear Infections: It has be used as medicine for ear infections because it clears out excess earwax and inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria in the pharyngotympanic tubes.
3. Helps with Asthma: Since asthma is linked to chronic post-nasal drip, xylitol helps by breaking the cycle of bronchial inflammation.
4. Clears up Candida: Candida is an opportunistic fungus which feeds on sugars and other yeast-containing foods (foods that are aged, pickled, dried, fermented or cured).
5. Boosts Immune System: Xylitol increases our White Blood Cells, therefore boosting our immune health and protects us from chronic disease and bacterial infections.
6. Protects newborns from streptococcus if the nursing mother consumes this. It is proven to help decrease this oral bacteria by 80%.
7. Decrease Allergies and Sinus Infections: They now have a nasal spray made of xylitol because it decreases the harmful bacteria that gather in the cells of our nose.
8. Reduces Ovarian Cysts, PCOS and Breast Cancer: Consuming sugar creates high insulin levels which increase the production of estrogens, leading to an estrogen-dominant condition, and also interfere with healthy ovarian function. Insulin resistance is a major cause of a growing hormonal problem called polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Signs that the body is being exposed to higher levels of the male hormones include acne, loss of head hair, and an increase in body hair. Lowering insulin levels is crucial for not only treating PCOS but also resolving most other hormonal imbalances, including those leading to breast cancer. Xylitol is a natural insulin stabilizer. There are no sharp rises and falls in insulin levels such as occur with sugar.
Testimony of the Day
“Was diagnosed 8 years ago with what they figure to be life long depression and PTSD. From the first day I was on meds, I looked forward to the day that I would find a way to stop them. Just never wanted the chemicals in my body but had to respect that I needed help and knew no other way to get better. I had healed a bunch before finding Maria. Had been able to discontinue antidepressants but not the anxiety meds. Then I found Maria. In just a few months have found an inner peace I never knew was possible. Thank you for lighting the way. I am overjoyed to be healing. Thank you for all you do for all of us.” – Pam
To start your path to happiness, click HERE. I’d be honored to help you too!