Protein Sparing Tortilla Chips
I love a tender filet mignon, but I understand that somedays you want to hit your protein macro, but you aren’t feeling like meat!
Do not worry my friends! I have your taste buds in mind!
My protein sparing tortilla chips recipe is perfect for hitting your protein goal without adding fat!
HOW TO MAKE PROTEIN SPARING TORTILLA CHIPS
To make my protein sparing tortilla chips, I used Further Food gelatin!
Further Food gelatin is sourced from the highest quality, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free, and antibiotic free bovine.
Adding Further Food Gelatin works perfectly for making my protein sparing tortilla chips extra delicious and chewy! Do not skip adding the gelatin! It adds a texture just like a real tortilla chips!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY is for 20% off site-wide !
Click HERE to watch a very helpful video on Protein Sparing and how to do PSMF properly and avoid the weight loss mistakes I see all the time!
- 4 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons Further Food gelatin
- Pinch of cream of tarter
- ¼ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt (onion salt or garlic salt, if desired), plus extra for salting the tortilla chips
- 2 teaspoons powdered Allulose
- 2 tablespoons unflavored egg white powder
- Avocado Oil Spray
- SERVING IDEAS
- Protein Sparing Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with avocado oil spray.
- Place the egg whites, gelatin, cream of tartar, salt and allulose in a medium bowl.
- Use a hand mixer on high and whip the whites until double in size and there are SOFT peaks. Add the egg white powder and blend until just combined. (NOTE: If you want a thinner wrap like EggLife wraps, just mix until combined then pour onto a pan and fry until cooked).
- Use a spatula to spread the ½ of the mixture out onto each of the prepared baking sheets as thin as you can, about ⅛ inch thick.
- Place into the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes or until cooked though.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool, gently peel the paper off. And set the parchment lined baking sheet aside.
- Place the protein sparing tortilla onto a cutting board and use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the wrap into tortilla chip shapes.
- Place the tortilla chip pieces back onto the parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil spray and sprinkle with salt (or seasonings). Bake in a 200 degree F oven for 1 hour or until completely dry and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (the protein sparing tortilla chips will crisp up as they cool).
- Dip into salsa or my protein sparing sour cream (recipe is in my Pure Protein cookbook!)
77 calories, 1g fat, 16g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 8
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“AAAH Maria! So after a week of pure protein (which was MUCH easier than I’d imagined) I lost almost 12 lbs, and I have not taken my acid reflux meds in 3 days!
You are a miracle worker. I have been on those (and a host of other meds) for 8+ years!
Love you! Nicole”
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!