Leftover Turkey Cobb Salad Stack
Oh my word! We received the most beautiful pasture-raised turkey from Butcherbox!
It was so huge we had to find ideas to make leftovers with all the extra turkey and that’s where the ides for the “leftover Turkey Cobb Salad Stack” comes in.
Turkey isn’t a protein that I would usually make. Growing up I always found it dry and bland. But you know what? Every recipe I found to make roast turkey called for only 4 tablespoons of butter. HUH?! This turkey was HUGE! No way only 4 tablespoons of butter was going to make this baby taste good! I used a ton of butter and made an amazing bacon gravy with the drippings. I’d like to tell you I ate the heart and liver, but I didn’t… I gave it to our precious puppy, O’hana.
I often have my best recipe ideas when I am hunting in my bow stand. Something that came to me was, I love Cobb salads! I also love to make food cute! So I found a ring that I could stack my Cobb salad ingredients in and made a fun tower of creamy yummy goodness!
- Dairy-Free Ranch:
- (Makes about 1¾ cups)
- 1 cup Primal mayonnaise
- ¾ cup chicken broth (I used Kettle and Fire)
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cobb Stack:
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- ¼ cup Primal mayonnaise
- Fine sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup diced leftover turkey
- 4 strips sugar free bacon, diced and fried until crispy
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (omit if dairy-free)
- Snipped fresh chives, for garnish
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients a 16-ounce (or larger) jar and shake vigorously until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving (it will thicken up as it rests). (Note: This recipe makes more than what’s need for the four salads; leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 10 to 14 days.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place ¼ cup of the guacamole in the center of a small serving plate and spread into a thick 3- to 4-inch circle. Mound the guacamole with ¼ cup of the diced turkey, followed by 2 tablespoons of the bacon pieces, ¼ cup of the chopped romaine, one-quarter the of the egg salad mixture, and a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles, if using. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a total of four salads. Serve all with a drizzle with the dressing and sprinkling of fresh chives.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 513; Fat: 49.5; Protein: 11.9; Carbs: 5.1; Fiber: 2.8
87% fat, 9% protein, 4% carbs