Testimony of the Day
“Hi, Maria! I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that I’ve continued being dedicated to the “Maria way” of eating, and I have even further exciting evidence to back up that it’s the “right” way to eat.
1. I am down over 35 lbs, I am almost to the very exciting 200 number. I NEVER thought I’d see the day. Remember how I was lamenting that I couldn’t drop below 230 no matter what I did? Success, thanks to you.
2. During my last visit to the doctor, they took me off one of my blood pressure medications. I’m down to one and he said it’s the “wimpy one”. very excited to ditch that one too.
3. Cholesterol. In March, the day I started working with you, my doctor wanted to watch my cholesterol very closely. Although it wasn’t to the levels that would require medication, with my blood pressure and family history, I needed to come back in a few months and have it re-tested from my first blood work done last year. Although I don’t know what my test results mean, the fact that all of my numbers (triglycerides and cholesterol) are so great, I can see that eating good FAT and BACON and EGGS DAILY and RED MEAT is not directly correlated to high cholesterol. EXCITING!!!
I have stuck with my walking regiment. It is a great commitment to myself and my health, and I’m so grateful for the push to do it. I still have another 35 lbs or so to lose, but I’m so happy that I no longer feel “lost” or frustrated. I attempted to go back on dairy again, by adding in some cheese and sour cream one week, and I’ve determined that it’s just not in the cards for the time being. I experienced rapid weight gain and had some bad digestive issues.
Lastly, I love your lemon bar recipe. the best treat ever. THANK YOU so much for giving me a new life and a happy life. The proof is clearly in the dairy-free almond milk pudding.” -KARI
Another Great Testimony Today!
“I am 44 and over the past 15 years have gone from 160 pounds to at my highest 226 pounds!!!!!! Since signing up with you all on July 26th and only being able to semi follow the original menu plans am now 208!!!!! I will change that 2 to a 1 soon!! As soon as I have a month or so under me with steady progress I will send a testimonial. In the meantime Thank you so much. What you do each day touches so many, gives us direction, hope, and a solid game plan.”
What’s In My Fridge
I love listening to podcasts on my long bike rides. One of my favorites is the Splendid Table on National Public Radio. In one segment, the host, Lynn, does “Stump the Cook” where a listener calls in and lists 5 ingredients that they actually have in their fridge. Then Lynn has to create something the listener would actually eat. If I called in, I would list these 5 things that are ALWAYS in my fridge:
1. Raw Beef heart (that is what my dog Ohana eats)… no photo needed… kind of gross looking!
2. 11 dozen eggs (a dozen hard-boiled)
3. Organic Butter, Leaf Lard, Beef Tallow and Duck Fat
4. Protein Sparing Bread (I eat that daily!)
5. Supplements: Just Thrive Probiotics
6. Herbs and vanilla beans
I’m not sure if I would enjoy anything made with these all mixed together!
On a side note, did you know that a healthy body has 2 POUNDS of good gut bacteria in the large intestine where the typical American has none! Could this be why there is so much depression, obesity, sleep issues going on? Serotonin comes from our gut! Low gut bacteria cause low moods, intense cravings, poor sleep, and even weight gain. Did you ever wonder why the Asians can eat so much rice without gaining weight? They eat fermented veggies and foods before meals which are filled with good gut bacteria. Do you take a bifidobacteria? I think this is a supplement everyone should take. It also increases our immune system by 70%!
School is about to start and to help with time-management, I have my fridge and freezer stocked with lots of helpful items and treats. Many people ask me, how do I stock my pantry, fridge, and freezer to make this healthy lifestyle easier? So, I have created a detailed video on how to shop at the grocery store where I teach you what words to look for on a label. I also step you through the things in my pantry (crackers, noodles, sauces, treats, chocolate) as well as things in my bathroom “pantry” because many products contain wheat (not to mention that everything you put on your skin also gets absorbed by the liver and affects our moods and how we lose weight).
To sign up for a fun tutorial click HERE to get started on the right path! It also includes a detailed shopping pantry list and website links where I find my favorite foods, treats, and products for a great price as well as other cooking tutorial videos.