Testimony of the Day
Phone Client Testimony: “Maria, You are a treasure and I am so grateful to you and your family for my healthy lifestyle. and I loved my consult package and the 54 pound weight loss and loads of energy and sleep!
Joints are healing. It has been amazing how a change of eating habits has changed my life dramatically. I still cannot almost believe how that food change has made such a significant change in my life and health. How incredible. Have a great week! xo. I am truly grateful for your research and experience. THANK YOU.” – Janet
Eating Disorder Testimony: “I also found keto nutrition to be a fantastic recovery tool for my own eating disorder recovery.
It was so hard to stop the binge eating, the carb indulgences at midnight, and the “saving” myself for desserts.
Unfortunately I didn’t find Maria’s WOE until after regaining the weight. I researched dieting in the midst of returning body image issues and self-hate, and somehow… stumbled upon not a diet, but a way to nourish myself that even included all the foods I craved the most (I was anemic as a child and have always had low blood pressure, craving red meat and fatty foods – ice cream , cake, and pudding were the only sweets I really liked.)
Since then (6 months) I slowly and safely lost some of the accumulated fat from carb binges (about 2 lbs a month) and replaced it lb for lb with muscle!
I now have pride, a healthy body image, and the tools that make me confident to eat whatever I need without having to experience blood sugar crashes or cravings.
Furthermore, I’ve hugely reduced the anxiety and neurotic obsessions that fed into the eating disorder, a definite byproduct of OCD I was diagnosed with at age 9 that has plagued me and dragged down my life ever since.
I now take no antidepressants, only B 1, 2, NAC, and 5-HTP as supplements, and eat a roughly 75/20/5 fat/protein/carb ratio.
I feel so “steady”, intestinally regular, and psychologically “normal” most of the time, it’s the best thing I have ever done for myself!
Despite not having found Ketogenic nutrition through Maria, I have quickly become a huge fan of her recipes and blog, and love that someone out there is helping so many people with this WOE. I truly believe that modern diets and most people’s food plans are completely backwards and harmful, and I only wish that more health professionals would speak the truth!
Thank you, Maria, for spreading an easy and healthful way to treat your body right, so it can help us through a better life!
It’s my dream to do similarly, and someday go back to school to study nutrition and sports science to become another voice FOR FAT! ” – Emma
FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE AT SERENDIPITY
One of my favorite movies to watch during the holiday season is Serendipity. It is a cute romantic comedy about how life is serendipitous. I love watching the characters Jonathan and Sara gallivant around New York City during Christmas as they start to fall in love. One place they stop at is Serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate. Here is a short clip:
I often dream of owning a cute place like Serendipity where I would sell “healthified” desserts!
Someday I hope to take my boys to New York during the holidays to see all the magic. But in the meantime we will enjoy the magic in our home.
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 TBS coconut oil or organic butter
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 [url:2]vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ¼ tsp almond extract[/url]
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- ¼ tsp stevia glycerite
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces and melt with coconut oil/butter in a small saucepan or double boiler over simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Add the natural sweetener and cocoa powder, stirring constantly until blended.
- Remove from heat. Cut the vanilla bean open from end to end and scrape clean. Add the seeds from the vanilla bean and almond extract. Add ½ cup of the almond milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, place the remaining 1 cup of almond milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a large goblet and top with whipped cream.
Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate = 304 calories, 10.9g fat, 3.4g protein, 29g carbs
Healthified Frozen Hot Chocolate = 107 calories, 11.6g fat, 1.5g protein, 3g carbs
92% fat, 2% protein, 8% carbs