French Silk Cake
French Silk Cake
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAI
My son Kai turns 5 on Wednesday and we had a Halloween-themed party yesterday! Kai and Micah helped make the French Silk cake, filling and frosting for the Spider Cake but since I’m not an artist, my friend Rebecca assembled and decorated the cake for me.
Even the spiders are edible!
I was going to put plastic spiders on for decoration but Rebecca surprised me with homemade spiders made from my chocolate candy recipe and she used vanilla beans for the legs. She is one talented artist!
I think he liked it!
French Silk Cake
- 3/4 cup butter or coconut oil softened
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour OR 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1 1/2 cups Natural Sweetener or erythritol and 1.5 tsp stevia glycerite
- 3 large eggs 8 eggs if using coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature, or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup Natural Sweetener
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 cups salted butter or coconut oil softened
- 1.5 cups Natural Sweetener
- 12 ounces cream cheese (or mascarpone cheese)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other extract like lemon or orange
- CAKE: Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cake pans. Sift together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, beat together butter (1 1/2 sticks) and sweetener with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and sour cream alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until batter is just smooth.
- Spoon batter evenly into pans, smoothing tops, then rap pans once or twice to expel any air bubbles. Bake until pale golden and a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pans on racks. Run a thin knife around edge of pans, then invert racks over pans and reinvert cakes onto racks to cool completely.
- FILLING: Cream butter in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar with an electric mixer until light colored and well blended. Stir in the thoroughly cooled chocolate, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Set aside.
- FROSTING: Combine butter, confectioners Swerve, cream cheese, almond milk and extract in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, gradually adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Add natural food coloring if desired. Frost cooled cake.
- ASSEMBLE: Halve each cake layer horizontally with a long serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion. Put 1 layer, cut side up, on a cake stand or large plate and spread with about 3/4 cup filling. Stack remaining cake layers, spreading about 3/4 cup filling on each layer and ending with top cake layer cut side down. Spread top and side of cake with frosting.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Phone Client Update!
Our meal plan packages are on sale! Get started to your healthy lifestyle like Shirley did. She is saving a lot of money a month on medications for her husband! These plans will repay themselves in just 1 1/2 months or less!