I can’t take the credit on this idea, it was all Craig. He always adds bacon for a pizza topping and he loves thin crust pizzas. So one day he said… “I think a bacon crust would be amazing for a pizza!” I loved the idea because most “keto” pizza crusts have nuts or nut flours such as almond flour and I find that causes many of my clients to stall. Learn all my tips and tricks in my new class: Going Beyond Keto.
So we did it. And you know what… it was awesome!
Craig is a very patient artist and weaved the bacon together (see photo).
- 14 slices thick cut bacon
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup sugar free marinara
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Weave bacon slices together.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, then cheese and toppings.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-9 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
495 calories, 42.6g fat, 26.9g protein, 2.3g carbs, 0g fiber
77% fat, 21% protein, 2% carbs
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I love getting messages like this!