Pecan Pie Pancakes
I love exploring in the kitchen and creating tasty keto food and writing Keto Comfort Foods was the most fun cookbook to write because I just thought of my favorite comfort foods from my former fat days and made them keto! The problem is that I keep thinking of more and more recipes that would have gone great in the book but my editor already had to cut 20 recipes from the book because it is so huge!
The other day I was making pancakes for dinner which I love doing. Who doesn’t love pancakes and eggs for dinner? It is fast, cheap and so yummy! It is almost a dessert for dinner! I saw a huge bag of pecans in my pantry and I thought, “Pecan Pie Pancakes!” That would be so tasty! I have bought pecan meal in the past but I have a pretty powerful blender that would totally do the trick and make pecans into pecan meal. So I tossed the pecans in and pureed into a fine pecan meal, then I added my other ingredients and pureed into a pecan pie pancake batter.
I already had my syrup made because I adore that syrup! And if you never made Brown Butter before, don’t worry, it isn’t that hard and you can watch this video to see how easy it is:
Here is a video of how to make Brown Butter:
If you would love a whole book filled with more than 175 comfort food recipes (most cookbooks only have 110-125 recipes) check out my latest book Keto Comfort Foods!
Thank you for your love and support!
And if you already have the book I would LOVE to have you post photos of the cookbook on social media! It helps me so so so much!
Pecan Pie Pancakes
CLICK HERE for my Syrup recipe.
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese (Kite Hill cream cheese if dairy free)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioners (or equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla/maple extract
- Pinch fine grain sea salt
- Place the pecans in a powerful blender and pulse until a fine powder. Add the eggs, 4 ounces cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sweetener, extract and salt into the blender and combine until very smooth. Heat a quality non-stick skillet on medium high and grease with coconut oil or coconut oil spray. Once hot place 4 tablespoons of batter in the skillet into 3 inch round pancakes. Cook until cooked through on the bottom, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from pan and repeat with batter. Serve with my syrup!
356 calories, 33g fat, 10g protein, 5g carbs, 2g fiber