Sugar Free Shaved Ice
Have you ever heard of “CoolSculpting?” It is a new procedure that is less invasive than liposuction where the treatment basically activates brown fat.
There are 2 types of fat in the body:
1. White Adipose Tissue (WAT): WAT is what we normally refer to as “body fat”. We want to burn white fat, BUT brown fat is beneficial because it helps burn calories and burn the unhealthy WAT.
2. Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT): BAT is composed of iron-containing mitochondria (powerhouse of cells), which is best known for creating ATP (energy)…the more mitochondria = more energy!
BAT helps use excess calories for heat. If you use proper techniques, you can use BAT to your advantage so excess calories aren’t stored as WAT which ends up as undesired belly fat. Cold stimulates BAT to burn excess fat and glucose for energy. This is why Michael Phelps can consume over 12,000 calories/day. He isn’t just exercising that much, the cool water of the pool stimulates BAT therefore he needs extra calories to keep the weight from piling off.
1. Use ice packs on the back/neck for 30-60 minutes while relaxing at night when insulin levels are higher and more sensitive. Click HERE to find the one I like.
2. Soak your feet in Ice cold water at night or right away in AM when you first wake up. This will stimulate heat throughout the day.
3. Suck on ice cubes throughout the day. Make ice cubes sweetened with a touch with Everly water!
4. Have a Shave Ice for dessert!
5. Take a cold shower upon arising.
6. Lower the temperature in your house by 5 degrees.
Drinking ice water = burn 60 calories
Sucking on 6 flavored ice cubes = burn 60 calories
Soaking feet in ice water for 5 minutes = burn 90 calories
Placing ice packs on body for 30 minutes = burn 100 calories
Lowering house temperature by 5 degrees = burn 100 calories/day
3 minute shower at 75 degrees F = burn 120 calories
Women typically have twice as much brown fat as men, so take advantage of it!!!
This SHAVE ICE would be allowed on Protein Sparing Modified Fasting Days! Which I enjoy when I do these!
12 years ago, Maria called this practice a “pure protein day.” Back then, we hadn’t heard of PSMF. We just knew the properties of the thermic effect of food and how our metabolisms worked, so we knew this could be helpful for people to lose weight faster. PSMF is becoming more popular and well-known and is a great tool for improving results.
We have just launched an all new Protein Sparing Modified Fast cookbook! This ebook is loaded with over 47 great recipes and 2 weeks of PSMF meal plans with full grocery lists!
This cookbook is perfect for summer because the recipes are easy, many are grilling recipes and are perfect to get you into your summer wardrobe fast!
CLICK HERE to get your copy!
I also love to have a snow cone, or in Hawaii, “Shave Ice” to cool my body down. Even in Hawaii we have THIS super-duper Snow cone machine!
Everly is a tasty keto drink mix that I pack with me when we travel! I love the peach mango Everly!
Everly is such an awesome and responsive small business they offered my readers a coupon code!
You can try it now for 15% off with the coupon code Maria15.
- 1 cup shaved ice
- 1 tablespoon Everly mix (any flavor)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Shave ice and place into a cup. Mix the Everly into the water. Drizzle over ice and enjoy!
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Client Testimony: “90lbs lost between the two of us since May 4! My husband doesn’t think this is a good picture to show how big he was…. we can hardly wait for him to get his triglycerides checked etc… but he is no longer pre-diabetic, his chronic pain is gone and he sleeps well now, thanks to Maria Emmerich!
Thank you. (Full testimony to come as we get closer to our goals) looking forward to the new cookbook!” – Keri
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!