Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
When I was in high school I worked at the cutest coffee shop in Medford, Wisconsin, called Uncommon Ground. It was a fantastic job and I loved working there, even when I had an early shift when I had to get up at 4am to make cookies, scones and cinnamon rolls before we opened! I learned a lot of tips and tricks on how to make things fast and easy while working there, such as having the dry ingredients for scones and cookies in bags. Then all I had to do is pour that into the stand mixer and add the wet ingredients.
One of our top sellers was a Pumpkin Muffin with cream cheese frosting. We would sell out of these before 8am every single day!
The best part of muffins are always the top! So I thought, I should try to make a soft keto pumpkin cookie with cream cheese frosting. This pumpkin cookie reminded me so much of my coffee shop days. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (or a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free), softened
- ½ cup Swerve brown (or confectioners) sweetener or equivalent
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners sweetener or equivalent
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place a piece of parchment on a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and
- spices until well combined. In another bowl, mix together the butter, sweetener, eggs, and pumpkin until smooth. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Spoon the batter into the prepared cookie sheet, placing each cookie about an inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing
- from the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Using a hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Add the sweetener, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Top each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
135 calories, 11g fat, 4g protein, 5g carbs, 2g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
It is always emotional meeting people when I speak and do book signings, but meeting Amanda was very special because I had worked with her for so long. Here is a testimony she sent me a year and a half ago:
“Because of you!!! The before pictures were when I started consulting with you 6 years ago. I have been at a healthy weight for awhile but you are my inspiration and have been such a great support. I have hopes to meet you one day just to say thanks!
By-the-way the before pictures I was 24 and the current picture I’m 30. Before 170lbs and 110 now- I’m 5’2. Just thank you! – Amanda”
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!