Hi All! Today’s guest post is from the sweet and talented Karen Sorenson from Holistically Engineered!
From Karen: “It was such a great opportunity to meet Maria on the Low Carb Cruise. I’ve been a fan of her blog and recipes for a long time so I’m grateful for the chance to do a guest post on her site.
Strawberry season is in full swing and so is the warm summer-like weather. Normally I like to enjoy some no bake cheesecake for dessert, but since it’s even hotter than it normally is this time of year in South Carolina, I decided to turn my no bake cheesecake into a Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. It has all the flavors of cheesecake in a cold, refreshing dessert.”
- For the Ice Cream Base:
- 8 oz organic cream cheese
- ¾ cup Swerve sweetener
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- For the Strawberry Sauce:
- 5 oz of sliced strawberries
- 3 Tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 2 Tbsp butter
- To make the Strawberry Sauce:
- Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce had thickened slightly.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- To make the Ice Cream Base:
- While the Strawberry Sauce is cooling, beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl on medium speed until mostly smooth.
- Add in the Swerve and continue to mix until completely smooth.
- Add the heaving cream, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix starting on low speed and then increasing to medium as the mixture thickens.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes or until the cream cheese is throughly incorporated into the cream.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers directions.
- Once the ice cream is done churning, fold the Strawberry Sauce into the ice cream mixture.
- Serve immediately for soft serve of freeze for 1-2 hours to make the ice cream scoopable.
Fat: 34.7 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Carbs: 4 net g
(90% fat, 4% protein, and 6% carbs)
If you want more low carb and grain free recipes from Karen, check out her eBooks on her website.