Gingerbread Meat House
We had a blizzard yesterday which always brings out the creative side in me! In past years, the boys and I would make a gingerbread house for a fun Christmas tradition. This year I thought we should make our gingerbread house a little different!
I thought, instead of making a sweet gingerbread house, how about a fun holiday appetizer that we could eat! So we made a Gingerbread Meat House!
This Gingerbread Meat House is really fun to make and it is really fun to eat!
If you want to make something like my Gingerbread Meat House, I thought I would tell you how we made it!
- 1 large cardboard box
- 3 pieces of parchment paper
- 3 packages cream cheese, warmed
- 1 thick pepperoni stick (for the chimney)
- 4 Mission Meats beef sticks (for the door and window frames)
- 5 slices bacon (for sticking onto the house and the wreath)
- 1 package mini pepperoni (for the roof)
- 1 package salami (for sticking onto the house)
- 3 slices cheddar cheese (for the windows and doors)
- 1 slice of ham, cut into ½ inch squares (for the walkway)
- 1 package mini mozzarella balls (for the lining of the walkway)
- 1 package medium mozzarella balls (for snowman)
- Whole Peppercorns (for the snowman)
- Freshly powdered Parmesan cheese (for the snow falling)
- Find a gingerbread house shape you want to replicate online. Cut the cardboard box into the gingerbread house. Cut one large square to set the house onto. Tape the house onto the base cardboard piece. Cover the base and the house with parchment paper and tape to secure (or the cardboard will get soggy).
- Heat the cream cheese so it is warm and easy to spread. Spread a thick layer all over the base and the house.
- Place the bacon onto a cookie sheet with edges. Lay 4 slices long, form one slice into a found shape to make a wreath. Place into a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Start with the roof. Cut a large pepperoni stick into a one inch piece and slice the bottom at an angle so it fits onto the angle of the roof. Use a toothpick to secure the chimney onto the roof. Place the mini pepperoni slices onto the roof like shingles.
- Cut the cheese into a 2 inch by one inch piece for the door. Place the door into the center of the front of the house. Cut another slice of cheese into 1 by one inch slices and place on the sides of the house for the windows. Measure and cut the beef sticks into frames for the windows and door. Secure with toothpicks around the windows and door.
- Place the salami onto the cream cheese around the house, you can use different types of salami to make it more decorative. Add 2 slices of bacon on each side of the house. Place the round bacon wreath above the door.
- Cut the ham into ½ inch by ½ inch squares and place in front of the house for a walkway. Line the walkway and the house with mini mozzarella balls.
- Make a snowman with the medium sized mozzarella balls and one small mozzarella ball for the head. Make a hat for the snowman by slicing the thick pepperoni stick into a thin slice for the base of the hat and a thicker slice for the top of the hat. Carve the top part of the hat so it is a bit smaller than the base (see the photo). Use peppercorns for the eyes and buttons.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan over the house for fresh snow look! Enjoy!
134 calories, 11g fat, 10g protein, 0.3g carbs, 0g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I was lucky enough to get to hug Christine in person last year! Check out her amazing testimony update below!
I have to give you an update…I messaged you in June to tell you that I had met my goal weight with a loss of 108 lbs. I’ve been trying to get into maintenance ever since, but apparently haven’t been too successful. Today, I got on the scale for the first time since June, and I’ve lost another 12 lbs!! My total weight loss is now 120 lbs Since I saw you in Florida in late March, I have gone from a size 14 to a size 8. This has been such a journey for me. In my early 40s, my body crashed. I suffered from constant pain and gained over 100 lbs. I was diagnosed with RA, fibromyalgia and hashimotos and ended up taking 26 meds per day, while I kept getting sicker and sicker.
After 10 years of this, I learned about keto and you. I originally did a health consult and supplement plan with you four years ago and I had great success both in recovering my health and losing weight. Then I got lazy (and complacent, in all honesty). Last July, I decided to recommit myself to this process. I redid my macros with your calculator and submerged myself in all things Emmerich – your books, your blog, and your Keto Facebook group. I’ve learned so much from you in these last 16 months! Besides learning how to find the right macros for my body and how to eat properly, I’ve learned about total wellness. The amazing success I’ve had since doing my reset comes not only from eating a well-formulated keto diet, but also from leaving a high-stress job, finding life/work balance, sleeping well, and adding important supplements (including CBD oil).
In many ways, I feel like I’ve just started living my best life! You and Craig change lives daily, and I’m convinced that there’s a special place in Heaven for you You literally helped me save my life, and you will have a special place in my heart forever!” Christine