I love making chaffles! They are so cute! I also love that they are so easy, my kids can make them.
When kids help make recipes, they are more likely to eat them. Get your kids off sugar and carbs with recipes like this!
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD CHAFFLES
To make my keto chaffles, instead of cheese, I used Equip prime protein. I like to have dairy free recipes for my clients.
The secret ingredient in my chaffle recipe is Equip Prime Protein!
The protein powder also makes the chaffles super yummy and extra heathy; packed with protein to help build bones, strong muscles, beautiful hair. Do not limit your protein when you are doing the keto diet. Protein is key when it comes to health.
One easy way to boost your protein intakes is to add Equip Prime Protein to delicious recipes like gingerbread chaffles!
Equip is so generous, they are offering 15% off when you use code MARIA!
- Preheat chaffle maker.
- Place the eggs, Equip, sweetener, gelatin, spices and baking powder in a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer on high to combine until light and fluffy.Grease the chaffle maker with avocado oil spray and place 2 tablespoons of batter into the chaffle maker. Close and allow to cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chaffle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile make the frosting by placing the softened cream cheese into a small bowl. Use a fork to loosen the cream cheese. Add the protein powder. Slowly add in the unsweetened milk and stir well to combine. Add stevia glycerite and stir well. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Place one chaffle onto a plate and top with the frosting.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Can be frozen for up to a month. To reheat, place into a 350 degree F oven (or a warm chaffle maker) for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- NOTE: if you store the frosting in the fridge, it will solidify. To make soft, place in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds and stir. Continue to heat until softened.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, as a kid I grew an attachment to eating my feelings which carried all the way into my adult life. I was being naive and thought I was healthy because I didn’t have diabetes or things of that nature, just a little high blood pressure issue. Boy was I wrong, because my weight kept growing to the point I was 525 lbs wearing 60 inch pants and 8xl shirts and that blood pressure issue wasn’t getting any better. I had tried a few diets before and failed at them because my results weren’t quick enough.
In March of 2019 I started doing keto after having to tell myself enough was enough with the excuses I was telling myself, no one was coming to save me and I had to save myself. I told myself this time was going to be different and I owed it to myself to stick with it, because I wanted to be around for a long time and I wanted to enjoy that life as close to the fullest I could.
With keto I was able to lose 300 lbs and maintain the weightloss and I just recently had my 4 year ketoversary. I am no longer wearing 60 inch pants and 8xl shirts and I’m on the lowest dosage for my blood pressure medicine. I have found a love for cooking and baking my own food as well as exercising to stay healthy. I owe taking my life back to this way of eating and I always tell myself now that you’ve done it there’s no going back.” -Curt