Chocolate Caramel Flan (KETO too!)
My son Kai LOVES Flan! He loves it so much, he asked for me to make it for his birthday cake!
So when LMNT asked me to make a recipe with their chocolate caramel electrolyte, I knew right away, I was going to make flan for Kai.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL FLAN
To make my Keto Flan, I used Chocolate Caramel LMNT!
It is unbelievable how perfect using LMNT works for flan!
You can use any flavor you want. Try the chocolate mint LMNT with mint extract instead of vanilla! Oh it is so good!
I love having LMNT as a healthy option for people. I have been consulting clients for over 20 years now and in the past, I would get a lot of parents asking me what their kids can drink if I do not recommend Gatorade. Now I recommend LMNT! It is like Gatorade without the sugar or food dye and it works perfect to pack when traveling.
Chocolate Caramel Flan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place 4 (4 oz) ramekins into a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup allulose into a large pot and heat over medium high heat until melted, while stirring frequently. Once melted, add the water. Stir occasionally until the sauce has become a golden brown. Remove from heat and divide into the bottom of the ramekins, covering the bottom evenly. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream or coconut milk, chocolate caramel LMNT, 1/2 cup allulose (or use 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite to sweeten), vanilla, and stevia glycerite.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites until well combined and the egg whites are well blended. Slowly stir the eggs into the cream or milk mixture. Divide the custard into each ramekin, on top of the layer of caramel.
- Place hot water into the casserole dish around the ramekins. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Or until the flan is just set and no longer liquid.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven but leave the ramekins in the hot water for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, gently remove the ramekins from the casserole dish. Place in the fridge to cool for 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, use a butter knife and slowly run it on the inside of the custard to release it from the ramekin. Turn the ramekin upside down and slowly jiggle the custard onto the plate.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Do not freeze.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Isn’t Janet an INSPIRATION? I’m so proud of her!
“I’ve been following Maria and Craig Emmerich for over a year. I’ve lost 93 pounds and reversed insulin-dependent diabetes, kidney disease, hypertension, and other conditions. Dropped 7 prescriptions. Lost five sizes.
I’m doing Maria’s Carnivore challenge to support her work and to lose a few more pounds.
My husband has lost 120 pounds. My daughter has lost 85. My 75 year old Mum has lost 100 pounds!
We owe our lives to you Craig and Maria. Thank you!” – Janet