Carnivore “Corn” Dogs
It is Easter and it is an Easter that none of us will ever forget.
I usually love Easter and have my friends over for a huge keto brunch. This year is different for all of us and it is my first Easter completely alone. Yes, I am home alone. My flight home from Maui was a week earlier than my boy’s flight because I was scheduled to speak in Utah.
We also had a large snow storm today which is less than exciting when it is the middle of APRIL! Geez! I had to wear gloves and a winter hat on my morning run!
One thing I did decide to do to help cheer me up is a giveaway of my favorite Beautycounter Countertime product line! I purchased the Countertime line (worth $382!) and you could win it! To enter, check out my Instagram @mariaemmerich OR Facebook Keto Adapted.
So what do I do when I am sad and alone? Create recipes! The only problem is, there’s not a lot of food in the house. We have a ton of meats in the freezer so I dug in their to find hot dogs and decided to create a Carnivore “Corn” Dog!
So this was my Easter lunch. Not very elegant but it was sure delicious!
- 3 hot dogs (I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 1 cup packed crushed pork rinds
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Duck Fat for frying (or tallow or lard) OR AIR FRY THESE DELICIOUS DOGS!
- Place the hot dogs onto a Popsicle stick and set aside.
- Place the crushed pork rinds and eggs into a medium bowl and combine with a fork.
- Use your hands to form around the hot dogs.
- Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the coated dogs and gently fry and roll until golden brown on all sides.
- AIR FRYER METHOD: Place the coated dogs on a piece of parchment paper and place in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes, gently rotate after 3 minutes. Air fry until golden brown.
391 calories, 28g fat, 33g protein, 0.3g carbs, 0g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Almost one year to the date I received my Certification as a Keto Coach, one of my awesome clients shares this! To say my heart is full is an understatement! Thank you Craig Emmerich & Maria Wojcik Emmerich for the opportunity you’ve given me to change peoples health & lives by offering this. You’re my inspiration! Thank you Tasha for your incredibly kind words!! I LOVE being your coach!!”