Testimony of the Day
“I purchased your 30 Day Accelerated Meal Plan and Health Assessment and began taking the supplements right away but it took me awhile to really wrap my mind around the high fat thing after years of being overweight, and feeling judged for my weight I was terrified to put that amount of fat into my body.
I knew that your work and recommendations were evidence based and founded in research, but none the less, I needed to get clear with it and make the mind shift before I could really make the behavioral shift.
Well, I am happy to report that for the past two weeks I have followed your plan (not nearly as difficult as I thought it might be) and that I look and feel very different. I put my belt on this morning and realized that I had to move it one notch smaller, my face is not as puffy, the eczema on my hands is getting better as is the asthma that I have dealt with for over 30 years.
Thank you for your guidance and your wonderful recipes! I could have never done this without your work and the daily encouragement I find in your Facebook posts. I am excited to see how I feel and look after another two weeks :-).
With much gratitude and respect for your work, Cheryl”
If you want to feel happy and healthy again, click HERE to get started! You deserve it!
When you think sweets, salt is probably the last word that comes to mind unless you once accidentally used salt in place of sugar! As contradictory as it may sound, salt truly changes a dessert from tasty to jaw dropping and can make your treats taste sweeter. It adds complexity to the entire dish.
Salt balances and elevates flavors and it conveys tones that you didn’t even know were in the dish. For example, salt makes spices more fragrant and citrus more vibrant.
The major offense would be to use iodized table salt. First off many times a form of sugar is added for a binding agent. Second you want the salt to compliment the components in the dessert instead of making it taste chemically which table salt can. I love using crystalline sea salt in desserts because it adds a slight crunchy profile. If you are making a creamy dessert and do not want any crunch to your delicatessen I suggest using a salt that dissolves well such as a flaked sea salt which is the fastest dissolving of the salt grains.
Many famous pastry chefs state that you should double the salt in any classic dessert recipe and cut back on the sugar. The take-away lesson here is that salt is a flavor enhancer, not a flavor replacer.
Even fast food restaurants understand this! A small milk shake has more sodium than a small french fry!
Who could forget Elvis’ favorite sandwich… peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches? How about skipping the bread and make these tasty bites for your next dinner party?!
SUGAR FREE BACON
It is hard to find bacon without sugar and if you do, it is really expensive! That is why I order Pederson’s Farms bacon! Click HERE to get sugar-free bacon!
If you want to get my favorite keto BUNDLE of meaty goodness from Pederson’s Farms, you get a great deal!
Maria’s Mind Body Health Bundle contains 10 of Pederson’s Natural Farms Whole30 Approved No Sugar Added products. Included with this bundle is:
- 1 package No Sugar Added Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon
- 1 package No Sugar Added Smoked Kielbasa
- 1 package Uncured No Sugar Grass Fed Added Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 package Fully Cooked No Sugar Added Mild Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 Uncured No Sugar Added Half Ham, Boneless and Spiral Sliced
- 1 package No Sugar Added Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 package No Sugar Added Chorizo
- 1 package No Sugar Added Uncured Old World Kielbasa
- 1 package No Sugar Added Uncured Hot Dogs (Made with Pork & Bacon)
- 1 package 100% Grass Fed Organic Ground Beef
Bundle is normally $225.00 but with code: MARIAEMMERICH it is only $161.00! Click HERE to get it!
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with defined edges with unbleached parchment paper.
- Using cannoli tubes (click HERE to find cannoli tubes), wrap one slice of bacon around each. Wrap the bacon tightly, overlapping the edges so the bacon totally covers the tube.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove from oven and allow to totally cool.
- <g class="gr_ gr_106 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="106" data-gr-id="106">Meanwhile</g> make the filling. Using a large bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, natural sweetener, peanut butter and extract using an electric mixer on high. Beat until the mixture thickens.
- Once thickened, add the unsweetened almond milk slowly while mixing on low speed until combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture in a sealed container a few hours before using. It will keep well refrigerated for up to a week.
- Use your hands to carefully wiggle the bacon to release it from the cannoli form while keeping its shape.
- ASSEMBLY: When you are ready to fill, use a pastry bag or cut the corner of a Ziploc bag. Fill each cannoli with some extra filling sticking out of each end. Sprinkle ends with chopped peanuts and enjoy!
Traditional Cannoli = 125 calories, 2.5g fat, 4g protein, 22g carbs, 0.5g fiber
"Healthified" Cannoli = 134 calories, 12.1g fat, 3.8g protein, 2.5g carbs, 0.7g fiber 81% fat, 11% protein, 8% carbs