Are you looking for tasty ketogenic meals to make for your family that will please even your pickiest eater? You must check out Keto Comfort Foods! It is such a hit that ButcherBox has offered a special deal for those of you who want to feed your family healthy meals!
Thank you for your love and support!!!
For new ButcherBox customers: Enter the coupon code KETO25OFF on BucherBox.com to receive an instant $25 off your order.
For existing ButcherBox customers: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of book purchase before the $25 discount can be applied to your next order.
ButcherBox is an amazing company that mails tasty organic grass-fed beef, pork and chicken right to your front door! They save me so much time by not having to run to the grocery store! I always have something to make. Even just grilling up a steak or frying up a tasty burger or pork chops for an easy keto meal; I have something from ButcherBox in the freezer I can easily make.
To honor my new book Butcherbox has also sponsored a recipe from the book to post for everyone! Here is a great way to use some grass fed Butcherbox beef.
Smothered Pork Chops in Mushroom and Onion Gravy
Exclusive recipe form Keto Comfort Foods.
- 4 tablespoons ghee, divided (or lard or coconut oil if dairy-free)
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups chicken or beef bone broth, homemade (page 356) or store bought
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in pork loin chops
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- To make the gravy, melt 2 tablespoons of the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broth and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the broth has reduced by almost half, then slide the skillet off the heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 6 minutes or until brown. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Move the mushrooms to the skillet with the gravy, then place the chops in the hot cast-iron skillet. Sear on one side for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chops reaches 135 degree F (the temperature will rise after cooking). Let the chops rest for about 8 minutes before serving.
- Place the chops on a serving platter and smother with the mushroom and onion gravy. Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
calories 691, fat 59g, protein 30g, carbs 10g, fiber 2g