Protein Sparing Frozen Hot Chocolate
One of my favorite movies to watch during the holiday season is Serendipity. It is a cute romantic comedy about how life is serendipitous. I love watching the characters Jonathan and Sara gallivant around New York City during Christmas as they start to fall in love. One place they stop at is Serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate. Here is a short clip:
I often dream of owning a cute place like Serendipity where I would sell my healthy desserts like this protein sparing Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe!
Someday I hope to take my boys to New York during the holidays to see all the magic. But in the meantime we will enjoy the magic in our home.
To make my protein sparing Frozen Hot Chocolate, I used Further Food chocolate collagen!
Further Food chocolate collagen made my protein sparing Frozen Hot Chocolate extra delicious and extra healthy!
Further Food products are not only filled with top quality ingredients, they are also delicious!
I love that I can easily open a tub of Further Foods Chocolate Collagen and use it to make my protein sparing Frozen Hot Chocolate in an instant!
Further Food is SO generous that they are doing a special discount for all of my readers!
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond or boxed coconut milk
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup Further Foods chocolate collagen
- ¼ tsp stevia glycerite or chocolate stevia (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or chocolate extract)
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 3 cups ice
- Place ½ cup of the almond milk into a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat until simmering. Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir occasionally until melted. Add the natural sweeteners and collagen, stirring constantly until blended.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and almond extract. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, place the remaining 1 cup of almond milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a large goblet. Enjoy!
87 calories, 5g fat, 6g protein, 3g carbs, 2g fiber
P:E Ratio 1.0
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria! Thank you for changing my life! My before photo is me at my highest weight of 265 lbs.
I am now 59 years old. 5’4”. Maintaining at 115 lbs. Size 2/XS.
Thank you, you seriously are an angel in this world!!” Debra
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!