Not everyone would spend a 90 degree sunny Sunday writing a blog post, but this post is not just any post. My friend and fellow keto food blogger, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food, wrote this lovely keto cookbook called Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. It came Saturday afternoon after we were fishing and swimming. I wanted to tell you all about it as soon as possible so I spent the day reading and cooking from Everyday Ketogenic Cooking!
Carolyn has a special place in my heart. She is not just any food blogger; she is a collaborator. She once told me that it saddens her when bloggers get so competitive. We agreed that if we all work together, we can get the word out about keto and help more people! I knew I liked her right off the bat! But not only that, Carolyn and I had the great opportunity to be on television together in New Orleans!
Carolyn’s book Everyday Ketogenic Cooking does not dissapoint! Her recipes are the bomb! There are so many tasty keto recipes to please the whole family!
I made the BBQ Pulled Pork and it was delicious! We wrapped the pulled pork in lettuce cups and my whole family gobbled it up!
Here is a sneak peak of her BBQ Pulled Pork!
- 2 tablespoons lard or bacon fat
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons basic spice rub (page 62)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low carb BBQ sauce (page 73)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Heat the lard in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Rub the pork roast all over with the spice rub. Place the roast in the Dutch oven and brown on all sides. Add the water to the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and transfer the pot to the oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, or until the pork is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and use 2 forks to shred the meat off the bone; discard the bone.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the meat and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss again to combine.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen releases October 3rd! So pre-order TODAY! Often times books are delivered early if you pre-order!
If you would like to WIN Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen BEFORE you can buy it, it is easy to enter!
1. Like Keto Adapted on Facebook and share with your friends and family!
2. Like All Day I Dream About Food on Facebook!
3. Comment below on why you would like to win!
Winner will be chosen Oct. 1st! Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
AND THE WINNER IS… Elizabeth Roberts!! Congrats!