What is coconut vinegar?
Well, Coconut vinegar exceeds all other vinegars in amino acids, vitamins and mineral content. Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste like coconut! Here are some reasons why I love it!
1. It is also a FOS (a prebiotic that promotes digestive health).
2. The sap used to make coconut vinegar comes from coconut trees grown in volcanic soil rich with minerals. No need to worry about your potassium if you don’t eat potatoes or bananas (because they are too high in sugar/starch), coconut vinegar has 192mg per tablespoon!!! The sap also contains large amounts of phosphorus, potassium, iron, magnesium, sulfur, boron, zinc, manganese and copper.
3. Coconut sap has all 9 essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. It also contains 8 nonessential amino acids. Proteins are part of every living cell in your body, it forms hemoglobin, which carries oxygen and antibodies, which boosts the immune system. Amino acids also repair tissue, serve as neurotransmitters, transmits messages within the brain, and some detoxify your body and boost metabolic functions.
4. It is low on the glycemic index, coming in at only 35 on the scale.
This natural vinegar is a great replacement for your recipes that call for other vinegars (especially if you should be avoiding vinegar if you have Candida…yeast overgrowth). I use it for Kai’s bone broth, soups, dips, salad dressings, marinades…you name it.
RECIPE IDEAS for Coconut Vinegar:
1. Adding a few tablespoons to BONE BROTH: It helps extract nutrients from the bones!
AND many many recipe ideas in my Keto Cookbooks! Thank you for your love and support!!!